Black Christians : You will suffer for being a Christian

So I'm going to backtrack a little.

In John 7:60-66, talks about how he also had Disciples who deserted him. As I said before, people won't be there for you as you may have thought. Some of it is because what the Bible says might be a hard pill to swallow for some folks.

John 7:60-66
[60] On hearing it, many of his disciples said, "This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?"​
[61] Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, "Does this offend you?
[62] What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!
[63] The Spirit gives LIFE; the flesh counts for NOTHING. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.
[64] Yet there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him.​

(Jesus in verse 64 is speaking about Judas.)​

[65] He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can harm can come to me unless the Father has enabled him."

[66] From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.​

Jesus continues to suffer.

He is crucified. I can't even imagine what it was like for Jesus to go through what he did. And the thing is Jesus knew that all of this was going to take place. I don't anybody who had to go through what Jesus went through. But he suffered all of this for our sins and to save us.

So after the crowd threw Jesus under the bus, so to speak, he was flogged, spit at, whipped, he had a crown of thorns placed upon his head, he had to carry a HUGE cross through town by himself, and then to only be put up and NAILED to a cross. I don't believe a lot of people can comprehend what was actually going on at this time. First off the cross is not light, and he was most likely thirsty, in pain, because he was being whipped and the whole nine. And when you a person's hands and feet are nailed onto something like a cross, all of your weight is shifted to your feet. So the hands aren't strong enough to keep one up. So this is a horrible ordeal that I don't believe anyone in this day and age could even fathom. And this is not a quick death by any means.

And you can read about that for yourself in Matthew 27:32-55, Mark 15:21-41, Luke 23:26-49, and John19:16-37

Acts 2:22-24
[22] "Men of Israel, listen to me: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs, which God did among through him, as you yourselves know.​
[23] This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men put him to death by nailing him to the cross.​
[24]But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.​

So if Jesus can endure all of this for you, so you too should be able to endure suffering for him.

John the Baptist was beheaded

For what? Being a follower of Christ. Satan found another way to get rid of one Jesus' followers. This time he had one of them cut off from the earth.

Matthew 14:1-12
[1] At that time Herod the tetrarch heard the reports about Jesus,​
[2] and he said to his attendants, "This John the Baptist; he has risen from the dead! That is why miraculous power at work in him!​
[3] Now Herod had arrested John and bound him and put him in prison because of Herodias, his brother Phillip's wife,​
[4] for John had been saying to him: "It is not lawful of you to have her."​
[5] Herod wanted to kill John, but he was afraid of the people, because they considered him a prophet.​

[6] On Herod's birthday the daughter of Herodias danced for them and pleased Herod so much​
[7] that he promised with an oath to give her whatever she asked.​
[8] Prompted by her mother, she said, "Give me here on a platter the head of John the Baptist."​
[9] The king was distressed, but because of his oaths and his dinner guests, he ordered that her request be granted​
[10] and had John beheaded in the prison.​
[11] His head was brought in on a platter and given to the girl, who carried it to her mother.​
[12] John's disciples came and took his body and buried it. Then they went and told Jesus.​

Did you know that Christians are still being killed for their faith?

More Christians killed in Nigeria

Posted: Tuesday, September 6, 2011, 9:36 (BST)

The death toll in Jos, Nigeria, is rising as violence continues in the nation.
Reuters say Muslim youths hacked a Christian family to death in the village of Tatu, Plateau state.
Journalists were shown the bodies of the father, mother and their six children. Reports say three others, believed to be Muslims, were also killed.
According to Reuters at least 40 people have been killed in the area since last Monday.
This latest flare-up of religious violence in the state also claimed four other lives in an attack on the Christian village of Dabwak, near Jos, according to the BBC.
The city of Jos straddles the middle ground in Nigeria between the largely Muslim north and the largely Christian south. The city – and the nation – is divided along religious, tribal and political lines, with jockeying for land and resources.
Many Christians have been displaced from Muslim areas, initially in the north, where Sharia – strict Islamic law – has been imposed.
The family of eight were killed in Tatu, where Christians who had been driven from their homes had taken refuge. Release International’s partner, the Stefanos Foundation, says the violence broke out after a number of Muslims moved into the largely Christian area to celebrate Eid, an Islamic religious festival.
“Nigeria is a tragedy unfolding before our eyes,” says Release International CEO Andy Dipper. “In some areas, tensions are being fuelled by moves to drive Christians from their homes to create Islamic areas. Inevitably, people have been defending their families and their property.”
Christian and Muslim religious leaders have appealed for peace.
Release is supporting the LoveJos Conference in London on September 24, which is exploring opportunities for reconciliation and ways to help victims of violence.

Source: http://www.christiantoday.com/article/more.christians.killed.in.nigeria/28561.htm

To be continued.....

The Stoning of Stephen

Stephen was arguing with some members of the Synagogue of the Freedom, Jews of Cyrene, and Alexandria, and provinces of Cilicia and Asia. He was going off and going hard on these people, but they could not stand up against all of his wisdom. So they tried to scheme against him and try to make is seem as though Stephen was speaking against God. They apprehended Stephen and brought him to stand before the Sanhedrin. You can read this in Acts 6:8-15.
People are going to try and twist your words and make it seem as though what you say isn't true. Watch out for that.

When Stephen goes in front of the Sanhedrin, he continues to go hard.

Acts 7:51-53
[51] "You stiff-necked people, with uncircumsised hearts and ears! You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit!​
[52] Was there ever a prophet your fathers did not persecute? They even killed those who predicted the coming of the Rigtheouse One. And now you have betrayed and murdered him --​
[53] you who have received the law that was put into effect through angels but have not obeyed it."​

Acts 7:54-60
[54] When they heard this, they were furious and gnashed their teeth at him.​
[55] But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to the heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.​
[56] "Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."​
[57] At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him,​
[58] dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul.​
[59] While they were stoning him, Stephan prayed, "Lord Jesus, recieve my spirit."​
[60] Then he fell on his knees and cried out, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." When he had said this, he fell asleep. And Saul was there, giving approval to his death.​

To be continued....

Is this how it really happen ?
Do you believe in this God ?
will people who is christian suffer because of this if so where does it say this ?
Here are some other verses to answer your question
Luk 21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
Luk 21:9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.
Luk 21:10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
Luk 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
Luk 21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
Luk 21:13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
Luk 21:14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
Luk 21:15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
Luk 21:16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
Luk 21:17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
Luk 21:18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
Luk 21:19 In your patience possess ye your souls.
Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
Thus saith the Word, Thus Saith the Holy Bible.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back