Black People : You Scratch My Back

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Bisabee, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Bisabee

Bisabee Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    A better title of this thread is: you scratch my back and I scratch yours because we're talking about basic survival here.

I get tired of hearing that “Black people just can’t get along with each other.” I’ve read about the Willie Lynch thing and I’m tired of that too. I say this to my people: Just because whites did this to us doesn’t mean we can’t undo this. As a matter of fact, we need to stop talking about this ridiculous willie lynch thing. When we continue to repeat something, it becomes more powerful. We have to believe that we can undo whatever has been done and then act on this belief.

We can respect each other even if we don’t all love each other because our SURVIVAL depends on respecting each other. I don’t know about anybody else, but my survival is more important to me than whether I like you or not or whether I agree with you all the time. What I’m saying is that even if I don’t like you, or agree with you, I can still cooperate with you in order to survive. That’s what respect means to me in this context. I RESPECT THE ROLE YOU PLAY IN MY SURVIVAL. If just that one sentence is kept uppermost in each Black person’s mind, we would all be able to get along much better with each other and appreciate it other. It would also change the way we even talk to each other and the way we view each other because each and every Black person represents a little piece of our own survival.

Why can’t Blacks live together and work cooperatively with each other? There’s no reason why we can’t, except we hear the message that we can’t a lot. I haven’t seen us try really hard to find ways to do this. So many times, we just throw up our hands and give up. If we respect each other, meaning we recognize the important role each Black person plays in the next Black person’s survival, we can have everything we want. We would want to be around each other, appreciate each other, want to be the best that we can be, so that we can be more valuable to our overall survival, so that our people can not only have been the first ones on the earth, but also so that we can outsurvive other groups and be the last people too.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    i agree. if we could work out how to support each other and co operate i do think that we could rule the world.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I too second that , we need to let go and be supportive to each other
    so we all can survive , rise and rule our own fate , we as people can do anything
    this has been proven over and over many times we fail to follow the leads in
    front of us , we are very strong in our stance moreso we need to love each other.

Most of our struggle is within our own , we must take all those powers we gave back
    by letting go the stain of blood and move forward out the past.

Thank you for adding this for the minds ............

PEACE & HARMONY my PEOPLE

4. Bisabee

Ratings:
    +6
    Yes, cooperation is where it's at, and why that is so hard to figure out, I don't know. So I'll start by asking you, how can I or any Black person support you better in what you do or cooperate with you?

5. Bisabee

Ratings:
    +6
    You've said a mouthful here. Support is definitely the key.

I agree that most of our struggle is within our own, but we keep looking for someone out there to save us.

And thank you for your kind words about what I wrote.

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    So true and most welcome.
    Supporting our own , doing for our own helps us overcome many things
    we as people have to start standing our grounds , if we don't nobody
    else will, this why we so far behind waiting for someone else to step up.

Watching you back coming to your needs on a universal means as you
    do the same for me and other will bond us as people more in a unify way.