Black People : You Must Invoke Your Right To Remain Silent

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by HyperKill, Jun 2, 2010.

1. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
    The Supreme Court just voted 5-4 to shake up your Maranda rights. You must now invoke your right to remain silent as it will no longer be read to you. So don't go yapping anything you don't want to be used against you. This is very important and isn't being discussed enough in the media. I'm sure if some Tiger Woods mistress comes out the wood work, we will all know by 2morrow morning. Crazy how they pass crucial laws and don't go above and beyond to let the public know whats crackin. Also remenber, no matter how much you cooperate, unless you go state WITH A LAWYER PRESENT, they will still nail you to the wall after they shred your confession. Thats why you need a legal advisor to make copies of anything you say. If you decide to snitch, it needs to be a confession signed with A LAWYER PRESENT. So until your lawyer or public defender gets there SHUT UP and don't sign anything if you are in the know. You can google/bing this and add links.

2. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    The very audacity of anybody being subjected to THREE HOURS of interrogation then him being so floored that he ADMITS TO COMMITING THE CRIME is absurd as it is:

Biizarre that his 'admission' led to his conviction!

Instead:

Just who does the U S. Supreme court etc. truly represent these days?

Does seem and sound like 'we the people' never or seldom comes to mind, when hafl of the aformentioned make their deliberations...

And, perhaps, as this nation's demographic changes, others refuse to change at all!

But, do recall what a lack of true representation has led to before, and that was a past era's white folks!

:10500:

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    they put electrodes to a brothers privates and then continued to do worse for 12 hours to evoke a plea of guilty, when they were in full knowledge of his innocence.

The Patriot act had additons made to it last year

There is a pre-crime act which can indefinatly imprison for life

There is now open hit ability given to the CIA, to any person considered bing affiliated with terrorists

(Andthe corporations call the shots with public private patnerships)

How much further to fascism?

Like Malcolm said, "They may have built the gas ovens already"

4. CreativeGrl

CreativeGrl Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +339
    Yet another law being manipulated in the name of protecting American citizens from terrorism that without a doubt "can and will be used against us". :whip:

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    true dat.......

6. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    as an armed forces enlistee, i took an oath "to protect the constitution against enemies, both foreign and domestic." we all take that oath.

problem is, as an active serviceman, we can not speak to, act upon, nor react to, (some would actually suggest that we aren't even supposed to think it) any possibly alleged concern that there might be "something fishy in denmark", regardless of how blatant it is.

however, as a veteran, and as a citizen of this country, i (WE) have a Duty, as well as the Right, to question, assemble and respond to "clear and present" dangers/threats to our Constitution. smh i've been beating myself up over the past couple of years because of that oath, that Duty and that (eroding[? !!! #@!^$#@ !!!]) Right.

it needs to be done. but it can not be done by one Citizen. but it seems as if too many of "my fellow americans" are not willing to give up creature comforts in defense of our collective safety, security and liberty. (shoot, i can just sense the thoughts of "tough beans for amerikkka; what have they ever done for me besides _________?!!" ah well. as they say "they that will not stand for something will fall for anything" ...)

i could sure use some help with trying to develop some answer to the invasion from within in this country. it danged sure ain't no "foreign enemies" tearing our Rights apart!!

just think of what it would do to show folks something if the descendants of "formerly enslaved" <**cough**> Africans stepped up to the plate and restored America to her former status as the "superpower of freedoms". [well, we were. the "of freedoms" bit got twisted/lost/perverted. and the "superpower" bit seems to have been sold ...]

this concludes this evening's political rally for positive societal/national reform.

7. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    Somebody back this up because I don't where to look.

But we are (or were) close to re-ratifying the constitution. That means either a major overhaul or scrappin what we got in favor of something brand new and from scratch. It needed votes I think.... votes of about 2 million or 2 thousand people to do it, but something happened and the gov didn't want it done.

I'll look and see what I can find on that. If I do, I'll post. I heard about this in some civics class years ago, but I forget the details.