Black People : you know what irritates the heck outta me?!

Josef

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 28, 2008
Occupation
Electrical wiring tech
crappy service...

By no means am I a nick picker ok,

but nothing frustrates me more than having to pay for shabby service work.

The other day I had Comcast come out to hook up my cable, well the initial call went well and all, a tech came by to run new lines inside the house that I rent. About 30 minutes late but hey, at least I didn't get a call for a reschedule.

He was polite about the brief delay, I had took it upon myself to install a few splice connectors around the house so I would get reception for a couple more rooms that I knew how to do, and did not want to have to pay extra to have a tech come thoughout and do them.

So he comes out and once he spots the work I did, he took it upon himself to disconnect what I did, and give me a tutorial about how the product I installed from walmart gave horrible reception..

ok, fair enough, but he goes outside and removes the previous line from the pole and runs a new one. I thought it to be over kill but what the heck do I know right? he is a tech...

when done though, I noticed the clown just left the line just dangleing on both ends, not to mention he left about 15ft of ground wire in my yard..

I did not complain just picked up what he left, and saved the scrap..not a big problem.

Another tech came by because I wanted to have my air ducts cleaned, so out comes a guy who tells me my home was to old and he did not want to remove the air registers, so I went ahead and removed them for him because he stated he did not want to be held responsible for any damage, fine.

The whole time with the youngings running around,

this dude is hunkered over with nothing but butt crack showing! I mean this guy must not have had any underwear on!. Not only that, but then in the basement he removed vents leaving me with a few screws for me to reinstall myself, running behind I figured, but not part of the professionals deal at all!

Also dumps out the canister in my kitchen trash can, not only dust, and dirt from my home, but also whosever else he did that day..

I see him on his way, and notice that the garage door I had installed sits crooked leaving a gap along the bottom on one side I'd say about 1 1/2".

And too the down spout just put on runs down the wall at a very noticeable angle, the living room window installed last summer is far from square, terribly drafty in the winter, and the drywall work in the bathroom around the shower and tub was hurried and looks like crap:10500:

My Landlord I could say hires just about whoever is available if the price is right, and hey, you do get what you pay for, but what ever happened to taking pride in workmanship?

Are the days of leaving a customer satisfied gone,

and has good enough and move onto to the next poor sap to pay for shabby service work become the norm?

I had let it go before, but no longer will I, especially if I am to pay for it, and no its not my home, but let me tell you, those windows installed, really spikes my energy bill this winter, so partly because of that I pay for it not the Landlord..

So,...do it right the first time, and you will get my future business.

On the other hand, to all you service techs out there?, I will be keeping a look out for your shabby, corner cutting, half a$$ed attempts that you all call a job well done, and will call attention to it from the get go...

I have had it!

Do the job that you charge the mess outta me for!

your new company slogan will be "we do it nice, because we do it twice"

if you keep playing with me!:em0200:

gosh!!

:peace:

oops! ya hit a button here; pardon the mini-rant

seems like "there's never enough time to do it right, but there's always enough time to do it over."

yeah, i'm totally feeling this!! it's like the software industry: rush rush rush to get it out to market ... and call them "upgrades" when there are bits to be added to get the danged thing to do what you paid for it to do!! oh, and the new bits in various warranties that "suggest" that "sometimes" stuff is not "warranted for the purpose intended".

""service"? all we want is your money!" and about them companies that bend over backwards to get new customers while ignoring the customers that they already have?

welcome to the brave new world! i'm glad i dropped out back in 79 - and been watching things get worse ever since. it's so bad now that i can't talk to most of this "society" ... and i shudder any time i have to approach a salesperson or a tech that hasn't a clue about what they are suppose to be servicing!

i really miss the days when folks took pride in workmanship .. or, for that matter; pride in self!

I hear ya and when it comes to good service it's hard to get
but a rush job is easy to get , The price we pay for service is madness

sometime i wish i was a jack of all trades .....more like the do it yourself

this just another one of my pet peeves !

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back