Black People : You got Play?

Good question. All work and no play leads to much stress :)

"To me there is something very deep here. When you dance, your spirit feels free. When you play, your spirit feels free. So why would dance and play be included in a martial art (Capoeira)? Maybe I'm looking too deeply at this, but is there a life lesson there? It's like saying in the middle of a fight (or a very hard struggle) you need things that can free your spirit a little or lighten the load a little. It reminds me of this. Sometimes my work includes very long days with a lot of hard labor and often very little sleep. If you joke around throughout the day, it seems to make the day go by easier. Maybe I'm thinking too deeply on this".

The element or better, the component of play within Capoeira practice has been a crucial part to it’s development. Play as we call it, has always been an integral part of African cultures in most west and central African nations. Play has facilitated many of the learning process of bow hunting, spear throwing, physical development as in races and so on….
Playing, joking around and light teasing are ways Africans have used to straiten their bonds and learn to cope with the hardships of their realities, historically. The games Africans partake are many that resemble Capoeira, like Batuque, Broma (Colombia), Congo (Panama) and A’jia (Martinique). It’s in fun, that Africans would participate in these endeavors. In fun, away from their hardworking life’s

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back