Black People : You got Play?

Please Donate

I need your help. destee.com will be 25 years old in October and I don't know that we'll make it. It is hard to keep us alive right now. Our costs have only increased over the years. We have all put our love into this community, but love is not enough to keep the lights on. destee.com needs your financial help too. We are the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world. Please help us remain. Click the Donate button below or CashApp $8664destee - Thank you.

Corvo

navigator of live
REGISTERED MEMBER
May 9, 2003
LaLa land
Occupation
Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
Good question. All work and no play leads to much stress :)

"To me there is something very deep here. When you dance, your spirit feels free. When you play, your spirit feels free. So why would dance and play be included in a martial art (Capoeira)? Maybe I'm looking too deeply at this, but is there a life lesson there? It's like saying in the middle of a fight (or a very hard struggle) you need things that can free your spirit a little or lighten the load a little. It reminds me of this. Sometimes my work includes very long days with a lot of hard labor and often very little sleep. If you joke around throughout the day, it seems to make the day go by easier. Maybe I'm thinking too deeply on this".

Corvo

navigator of live
REGISTERED MEMBER
May 9, 2003
LaLa land
Occupation
Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
The element or better, the component of play within Capoeira practice has been a crucial part to it’s development. Play as we call it, has always been an integral part of African cultures in most west and central African nations. Play has facilitated many of the learning process of bow hunting, spear throwing, physical development as in races and so on….
Playing, joking around and light teasing are ways Africans have used to straiten their bonds and learn to cope with the hardships of their realities, historically. The games Africans partake are many that resemble Capoeira, like Batuque, Broma (Colombia), Congo (Panama) and A’jia (Martinique). It’s in fun, that Africans would participate in these endeavors. In fun, away from their hardworking life’s

Latest profile posts

2022 Has started and I hope everyone is having a safe and protected journey as we navigate this game of life
during this pandemic. We are not easily defeated so protect your momentum at all times. One Love.
Kemetstry wrote on Cindy's profile.
Why are you following me?
Destee wrote on Jahari Kavi's profile.
Hi Brother @Jahari Kavi ... Welcome Home! Good to see you! YAAAAAY Us! :love:
Destee wrote on Orisons's profile.
Hi Brother @Orisons ... good to see you in the house, stay safe always please :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss: