Black Relationships : You Got a STD - Who's Fault Is It?

You Got a STD - Who's Fault Is It?

• Mine

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Theirs

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Both

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Blame it on everyone ...

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Blame it on the rain ...

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
karmashines said:
If you had an STD and knew about it, wouldn't you tell your partner?

If i had an STD, i'd imagine my partner already knew, since he gave it to me ... but yes, i'd certainly let him know about it!

If i had an STD, and was considering a relationship with a new partner ... hmmmm ... i can't really imagine such a thing. How can i ask someone to be my partner and i have a STD? Is it one of those that isn't life threatening? I guess in that case, this might be something that could happen, and yes, i'd tell them ahead of time. But for me, sex is not all that important, that i'd risk someone else's health and well-being in order to partake in it. I can imagine myself not ever having a partner again, if i had some terrible disease that might infect them. I mean, i do love them, right?

I can't imagine willingly becoming sexually involved with someone that had a STD, so likewise, i can't imagine anyone else doing it.

How can i ask someone to do what i won't?

iono

good question Sister Karmashines ... hope i answered it satisfactorily.

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
I can't imagine willingly becoming sexually involved with someone that had a STD, so likewise, i can't imagine anyone else doing it.
i have in the past without a problem.
she told me and i made an informed decision.
we managed the situation.

life goes on.

jamesfrmphilly said:
i have in the past without a problem.
she told me and i made an informed decision.
we managed the situation.

life goes on.

Brother James ... it's good to know folk like you are out here ... i just don't believe i could.

But who knows ... i've never had this cup to drink from ... yet.

:heart:

Destee

I understand what you mean Destee, about not wanting to seek other partners if you had an STD. I think if I had one, I'd try to find other partners with the same illness -- I couldn't give up romance completely.

But anyway, do you see what I'm trying to say about 50% of it being the other partner's responsibility for not telling you if they knew they had it? Having sex with someone unprotected when you know you have a deadly STD is like putting a loaded gun to someone's head.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back