Black Relationships : You Got a STD - Who's Fault Is It?

You Got a STD - Who's Fault Is It?

• Mine

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Theirs

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Both

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Blame it on everyone ...

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Blame it on the rain ...

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
jamesfrmphilly said:
herpes is not the end of the world by the way.
the social stigma is worst than the actual infection.

i get cold sores sometimes.
that is a form of herpes.
i just take my medicine and stay in my house for a few.
99% of the time i'm fine.

i once knew, actually still know, a woman with genital herpes.
99% of the time, she was fine (and i do mean fine)

life goes on.
let's all grow up.

Yes I agree. The medicines they have..prevent transmission pretty well. Um Chicken Pox is a form of herpes..it lays dormant in the body. Just if you have the herp..you can still be sexually active and responsible.

This is a little off the subject. About 4 or 5 yrs. ago my longterm boyfriend (together 10 yrs.) and I had split up for maybe three weeks and hadn't had sex in together in that time. One day I got a call from the clinic saying that "someone" (annonymous) had clamydia and had slept with me so I needed to be tested. He was the only person I'd had sex with. I always prided myself with never being the kind of person who slept around and never having an STD. Now I know that not everyone who contracts an STD sleeps around, but that behavior does increase your chances of getting them. I went to the clinic and was tested and they told me it would be two weeks before I got the results. I asked for an AIDS test also and the nurse says to me "What factors are causing you to ask for an AIDS test?" I yelled at her and said, "This is a factor!" Then I broke down crying because it made me feel nasty. I'm not saying that everybody who gets them is nasty but that's how I felt. Come to find out I didn't have it. He hadn't talked to me in all that time because he was scared to face me and rightfully so because I was on the hunt for his a**. I was mad at him because I didn't know he was sleeping with other women. I thought we were just taking some time away from each other, as naive as it all sounds now. He says when we split up he got with another woman. I guess if you know you have a mate who sleeps around and you willing sleep with them as well, you're putting yourself in danger and it's your fault if you come up with something you need a shot for or worse-there is no cure.

Only rule.. ask and tell!

I voted their fault.

I have had a talk with my two kids, more conversations are due. Be careful.

Now if someone.. gave it to you it woud be their fault. They gave it to you.. not you them. I don't sleep around nor do I touch door handles in public rest rooms.

Same partner for 32 years. I would never bring anything home I couldn't put out. Condoms I did purchase ( while my wife was off birth control ) have expired. I'm not sure. Do condoms have a correct side? They are still something I have very limited experience with.

Do you all ever think these strains of diseases were started by labs funded by the religious right to promote promiscuity? They are control freaks and I wouldn't put it past them... they started this in Africa.. and it boomaranged back.

HODEE said:
Only rule.. ask and tell!

I voted their fault.

I have had a talk with my two kids, more conversations are due. Be careful.

Now if someone.. gave it to you it woud be their fault. They gave it to you.. not you them. I don't sleep around nor do I touch door handles in public rest rooms.

Same partner for 32 years. I would never bring anything home I couldn't put out. Condoms I did purchase ( while my wife was off birth control ) have expired. I'm not sure. Do condoms have a correct side? They are still something I have very limited experience with.

Do you all ever think these strains of diseases were started by labs funded by the religious right to promote promiscuity? They are control freaks and I wouldn't put it past them... they started this in Africa.. and it boomaranged back.

You mean to tell me that as old as you are- you don't know which way is up when it comes to Condoms? whew.. :dance1: Gimme some of what you're smokin'!

Destee said:
For those of you who say that it's the other person's fault ... i just don't understand ... even if they knew and didn't tell you.

You willingly took part, knowing full well what the possible outcome would be.

I don't see how you can blame that outcome on another.

Even if you can put some of the blame on another ... will that make you feel any better, as you live the rest of your life with some disease? What's the point of blaming another, for the choices you've made?

Well ... if they are rich, i guess you can sue 'em or sump'n ... iono.

This has turned into quite a humorous thread ... serious topic ... but summa yall are krazee! :lol:

Thanks everyone for sharing.

:heart:

Destee

If you had an STD and knew about it, wouldn't you tell your partner?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back