Black People : You Dont Know My Story Campaign

daroc

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 16, 2004
"You Don't Know My Story" Campaign!

Greetings,

You Don't Know My Story is a campaign geared towards recognizing self prosperity through reflection and appreciation that everyone has a life story worth telling. The campaign was originally started by the non-profit organization, Black Positive Image (BPI).

BPI focuses on reaffirming and restructuring the images and perceptions of African Americans through actively encouraging positive thinking and behavior.

In partnership with BPI, an 8th grade after school program has the opportunity of serving as a vessel in continuing this campaign. We plan to create a booklet of submissions for the young ladies involved in the character development program and also post them to a blog site created for the campaign.

Help us bring this campaign to life! All we ask is that you take the time to share your story so that young ladies and people around can learn, reflect, and grow.

Submission Details:
v Female Submissions Only
v Stories should e mailed to: knowmystory@gmail.com
v Length: 1-2 pages single spaced
v Submissions can be Anonymous
v We encourage you to invite your friends, family, and network to help keep this campaign alive.
v Understand by submitting a story you give us permission to use it for the printed booklet. However, we will still make selections based on the quantity received. Please specify if you would like to remove your submission from being posted on a blog. Dates:

v Deadline : 4/12/10

Thank you in advance for helping bring this campaign alive and helping young ladies experience triumph through your lens.

www.blackpositiveimage.com
www.joskidiesel.blogspot.com

Thank you for sharing this!

And I am so disappointed that I'm just now seeing it or I would have definitely passed this on.

Here is some additional info from that site:
http://www.blackpositiveimage.com/p/programs.html

College Care Program
The College Care program provides support to college students by providing academic support, financial guidance, and a support system to help them along their collegiate journey. The students also receive care packages with supplies, snacks, and supplemental reading materials. These care packages are a much needed boost to success for college students, just knowing someone is there supporting them helps. The College Care program is open to undergraduate students in the United States.

If you would like to donate materials for the College Care Program contact us at blackpositiveimage(at)gmail.com or 404-507-2746.

Home Library Campaign

"Having as few as 20 books in the home... has a significant impact on propelling a child to a higher level of education, and the more books you add, the greater the benefit." - Mariah Evans (University of Nevada in Reno)
It is my firm belief that every home should have books. It is my commitment to help as many homes as possible accomplish this task. Most of my personal childhood memories center around books. I remember reading "To Give A Mouse A Cookie" and "Where The Sidewalk Ends". "Dear God It's Me Margaret" was the first book I read in one sitting; cover to cover; that book changed my life. I have many personal memories with books that have fostered, not only my development as a student, but also as a person.

"Books have changed my life and without them I would not be half of the person I am today, I want to share this magic with others." - Brittney Greene Founder/CEO Black Positive Image

The Home Library Campaign will sponsor the start of a home library by providing 10 books to start for each household in our program. Through donations, books drives, book exchanges, etc. we will begin building libraries. To inquire about donations to Black Positive Image's Home Library Campaign contact us at 404-507-2746 or e-mail us at blackpositiveimage(at)gmail.com. Help us give the gift of reading back to our communities.

Thursday, April 14, 2011
Atlanta Positive Event Alert
Pampering for Single Mothers
A Free Trip to the Spa for Mothers Day

Do you know an OUTSTANDING single mother in the Atlanta area???

Does she deserve a day of BLISS!?

The Divine Authority Foundation (www.divineauthority.org) is looking for outstanding single mothers to celebrate their Mother's Day launch event, Bliss! Day of Pampering for Single Mothers. 15 deserving mothers will receive full body massages, facials, manicures and pedicures at the luxurious Spa on Paces in Buckhead.

When?
Date: Saturday, May 17, 2011

Where?

For more information regarding this event visit: http://www.dafound8ion.org/Divine_Authority_Found8ion/Events.html.

Want to nominate an outstanding mother? Email the Divine Authority at info@divineauthority.org. Please explain in detail why you are nominating this single mother, and include her contact information.

Nominations end on May 1, 2011.

http://www.blackpositiveimage.com/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back