Black People : You Cannot Change nor Define your enemy.

to determine or set down the boundaries of

to determine or state the extent and nature of

to give the distinguishing characteristics of

So then why refer to them/it as "enemy" or "obstacle"?

To call it/them an "enemy" and or "obstacle", in and of itself are means
of interpreting a, or the, particular phenomena.

It is one I agree with as well. That is why my program of Recovery from white supreme lunacy is a SELF-HELP program with the focus on SELF!

We all use different means to define ourselves and/or to make meaning out of our experiences. The meaning we make, i.e "successful" or "failure" is OURS to choose and ours alone.

M.E.
:hearts2:

As evinced in the above, it is inescapable.

The concept of 'definition' will be applied, one way or another. By us or
somebody else. By us and by somebody else. The difference is that we do
not let someone else's definition take supremacy over us. We do not let
somebody's interpretation of us take supremacy over us. They gone say,
what they gone say, but actions, our actions...our ideas...speak volumes about
who we are as it pertains to us.

NOTE: The same is applicable of one individual to another individual.

Fullspeed said:
We can only change our actions, tactics, and response to the enemy or obstacle.
I must say, I have some additional thoughts as to the 'simplicity' of this as well as my earlier comments in this thread.

While on the surface, this appears quite logical yet, under the surface I think this goes very deep.

One thing I know for myself is that I am no longer willing to "change" who I am nor my tactics or standards for living.

I see that we has a people have been forced to change who we are. We have been forced to think and behave as our enemies, in order to survive. Survival is the name of the game and like I've stated in a previous thread, my life is not a "game". I am ready to LIVE and not simply "survive".

When in relationship with another, a HEALTHY relationship, there is a give and take or Reciprocity. I change a bit and the other changes when and if need be, to support the maintenance of the relationship.

Given that we are talking about ourselves in relation to our 'enemies' I overstand that a different dynamic is likely to be at play. In the end, I suppose that may be what makes an "enemy" an "enemy". The two sides are equally unwilling to change and a war or "battle of the wills" ensues.

Changing 'tactics' or 'strategies' in this regard is in the end, for the purpose of gaining the FREEDOM to Be, to Live, to uphold the standards set for SELF and not have those determined by another.

Also, I think that we all DO 'define' our enemy even based on the definition of 'defining' you gave Brother Raptor. How accurate we are is another case or question, yet, people 'define' who their enemy is all the time. If one did not do so, begs the question who or what are we 'fighting' against or for.

There is sooooo much to be said here and many dynamics at play. Recovery also teaches us that our program is "a simple program for complicated shytuations". The simplicity is in practicing the principles of MA'AT in all our affairs. Applied to dealing with an "enemy" (which may be as simple as a state of disorder) we will seek to gain or restore ORDER, HARMONY, JUSTICE, TRUTH, RECIPROCITY etc...
The shytuation of white supreme lunacy is complex and complicated at this juncture. It is a way of thinking and behaving that has been ingrained in us for a long time. Because it is a SYSTEM, adds to the complexity.

I think this constant 'changing' that we have all been encouraged to do is problematic and promotes insanity or craziness. Over the course of a lifespan, we come across a plethora of situations which calls for some sort of change. Something about this feels quite ludicrous. I've also heard it said that when a person gets in their fifties or so, you STOP changing yourself to suit the needs of others.
I'm at that stage of life where I've decided I shall not CHANGE myself any more. I am learning to be accepting of SELF as I am and my enemies be damned! I've learned to 'roll with the punches' and allow ish to roll off my back. I live with what ever consequences come my way as a result of my choices, allow myself to feel what ever I feel and continue to move forward in living the purpose I have come to know for my life.

Just some additional thoughts and Thanks for Listening!

M.E.

So then why refer to them/it as "enemy" or "obstacle"?

To call it/them an "enemy" and or "obstacle", in and of itself are means
of interpreting a, or the, particular phenomena.

You are correct in that your perception can mislead you into thinking that something or someone is or is not the enemy or an obstacle. Just because you preceive them as the enemy or an obstacle does not make it so. Likewise, just because you do not perceive them as the enemy or an obstacle also does not make it so.

Therefore, we can identify what we think or percieve to be the enemy or obstacle but at the end of the day, our actions, tactics, responses will be the determining factor of rather we obtain our goals or accomplish our objectives. If we misidentify potential allies as enemies or tools as obstacles, we will miss opportunities or make our success much more difficult to obtain. On the other hand, if we do the opposite, we will get the opposite result.

My point, however, was not about correctly or incorrectly identifying the enemy or obstacle. My point was from the assumption that you have correctly identified the enemy or obstacle as such, your success or failure will not be based upon your ability to change or redefine the nature of that enemy or obstacle, but upon you ability to change or redefine your actions, tactics, and responses to that enemy or obstacle.

Thank you for your comment

One thing I know for myself is that I am no longer willing to "change" who I am nor my tactics or standards for living.

I see that we has a people have been forced to change who we are. We have been forced to think and behave as our enemies, in order to survive.

Survival can become an "enemy", especially when one is surviving and not "living".

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back