Black People : YOU CAN’T BE BLACK, ‘WOKE’ AND CHRISTIAN (Can You?)

Al D

We become that which we repeatedly do..
REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 24, 2015
Florida
africafifth.net
Occupation
Retired Business Owner

YOU CAN’T BE BLACK, ‘WOKE’ AND CHRISTIAN Cheyanne Ntangu

White Jesus hasn’t done anything for us, according to the pro-black non-Christian communities as they call for an awakening among their fellow people.

They urge them to put the crucifix and holy oil away because Christianity is not for black people as it was brought by the slave master to Africa to oppress Africans, and we should opt for our own African gods.

And if you don’t, unfortunately, you’re not ‘woke’ enough.

In fact, you’re fast asleep.

Pantheist and student, Pauline Aphiaa, 20, told us: “[if black people] wish to set their eyes on a higher power and bend their knee to pray to and worship something then perhaps our own African gods are the best way to go. At least we thought of them ourselves, we worship them ourselves, we tell their stories ourselves, they are gods made by us and for us and I think that’s the best it’s ever going to be.”

Aphiaa explains the newly coined term ‘woke’ as being “educated. I’m not talking about the education you receive, but the self-education you have taught yourself.”

Being ‘woke’ relates to one being aware of what is going on in community, in terms of social inequality, racism and also being aware of oneself and one’s heritage.

“[It’s] the understanding of the world, and people without being ignorant. The injustice, true history, racism, sexism and having the desire create a difference to change inequality and educate people,” she adds.
The church has always been a part of the identity of the black community but how has the Christian God benefited blacks?

“Christianity was brought to Africa for no other reason than to lift up, glorify and sublimate the white man into a position of power over black people. Christianity was brought to control us, oppress us and keep us controlled and oppressed long after the white man had left Africa,” says Aphiaa.

She adds: “Christianity was used as a tool not only to speed up the process of slavery by getting black people to align themselves with a common belief (of something that was both above them and above the whites) but also to justify the slavery & ill treatment we suffered at the hands of white men.”

There’s a famous saying by the first president of Kenya, Jomo Kenyatta, that reads: “When the missionaries came to Africa, we had the land and they had the bible. They taught us how to pray with our eyes closed and when we opened them, they had the land and we had the bible.”

However, Olivia Masengi, 20, argues: “If you are woke and a Christian I think it should come from a place of loving everyone the same and treating everyone with love and respect. With this, the basic of valuing everyone’s opinion but knowing what the word of God says takes that oxymoron away.”
The slave trade has left a bitter taste, as blacks express how the beliefs of African gods have been demonised and replaced with the Christian God. When the slave masters imposed their religion and rules banning Africans from worshipping African gods.

www.artefactmagazine.com

YOU CAN’T BE BLACK, ‘WOKE’ AND CHRISTIAN Cheyanne Ntangu

White Jesus hasn’t done anything for us, according to the pro-black non-Christian communities as they call for an awakening among their fellow people.

They urge them to put the crucifix and holy oil away because Christianity is not for black people as it was brought by the slave master to Africa to oppress Africans, and we should opt for our own African gods.

And if you don’t, unfortunately, you’re not ‘woke’ enough.

In fact, you’re fast asleep.

Pantheist and student, Pauline Aphiaa, 20, told us: “[if black people] wish to set their eyes on a higher power and bend their knee to pray to and worship something then perhaps our own African gods are the best way to go. At least we thought of them ourselves, we worship them ourselves, we tell their stories ourselves, they are gods made by us and for us and I think that’s the best it’s ever going to be.”

Aphiaa explains the newly coined term ‘woke’ as being “educated. I’m not talking about the education you receive, but the self-education you have taught yourself.”

Being ‘woke’ relates to one being aware of what is going on in community, in terms of social inequality, racism and also being aware of oneself and one’s heritage.

“[It’s] the understanding of the world, and people without being ignorant. The injustice, true history, racism, sexism and having the desire create a difference to change inequality and educate people,” she adds.
The church has always been a part of the identity of the black community but how has the Christian God benefited blacks?

“Christianity was brought to Africa for no other reason than to lift up, glorify and sublimate the white man into a position of power over black people. Christianity was brought to control us, oppress us and keep us controlled and oppressed long after the white man had left Africa,” says Aphiaa.

She adds: “Christianity was used as a tool not only to speed up the process of slavery by getting black people to align themselves with a common belief (of something that was both above them and above the whites) but also to justify the slavery & ill treatment we suffered at the hands of white men.”

There’s a famous saying by the first president of Kenya, Jomo Kenyatta, that reads: “When the missionaries came to Africa, we had the land and they had the bible. They taught us how to pray with our eyes closed and when we opened them, they had the land and we had the bible.”

However, Olivia Masengi, 20, argues: “If you are woke and a Christian I think it should come from a place of loving everyone the same and treating everyone with love and respect. With this, the basic of valuing everyone’s opinion but knowing what the word of God says takes that oxymoron away.”
The slave trade has left a bitter taste, as blacks express how the beliefs of African gods have been demonised and replaced with the Christian God. When the slave masters imposed their religion and rules banning Africans from worshipping African gods.

www.artefactmagazine.com

Rev. Nat Turner was Black, woke and a Christian! Everything is a matter of interpretation! Especially the written word!!!

Rev. Nat Turner was Black, woke and a Christian! Everything is a matter of interpretation! Especially the written word!!!
I'm not here to debate what this reverend was or wasn't. As far as I'm concerned any black person who embraces Christianity is asleep. I found this to be a very interesting piece because it resonates with how I feel about this fallacy of a religion ( Christianity ) and it's hold on Black people.

Well -well. One of my favorite topics!

It is SO VERY true. Spirituality and Religiousity do not mix and never will. You can't be woke and worship a white male deity and all the dogmas and doctrines that go along with this Ponzi scheme. Any concept of mixing the three is oxymoronic!

Jesus on the ankh will never do. The lying lore of christianity will never equal ancient spirituality....!

This is garbage

1626945864004.png

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back