Black People : YOU CAN’T BE BLACK, ‘WOKE’ AND CHRISTIAN (Can You?)

Peace,

Questioning is where it starts. Perhaps Christian theology is transforming to a older, blacker, form of spirituality. If this is the case, then the Christianity I grew up with is dying. I wish it a quick and painless death.

Peace
Perhaps you are right Precise Allah. Much appreciated.

One cannot be black - woke - and - Christian at the same time.
Just as one cannot be black - dead - colorful and lively at the same time.

The "principles" that govern focus, common sense, reason, critical thinking, and logic - do not match the "beliefs" that control belief, faith and hope.

The Christian Cross a sign of death

1628340638744.png

The ankh which pre-dates the Christian Cross is a sign of life

1628340724156.png

Complicated Topic....The Spiritual Ideas back of Scripture on which Western Christianity is based is Universal having roots in Ancient Africa - As the cradle of humanity and civilization.
When we conflate the Spiritual Ideas in Scripture with the Theology of Western Christianity then we are proverbially "throwing out the babe with the bath water".
Interpretation of Scripture among Christian sects is Not Monolithic...as Some Christian communities fought to abolish the practices of Slavery and Racism...Quakers.
The Ethiopians Orthodox and Egyptian Coptic are some of the oldest Christian Sects among whom Racism and the practise of chattel Slavery is practically non existent.

The fact that Christianity was bought to many Africans by the Oppressors. In my opinion is not enough to justify discarding Christianity out of hand without first finding what Universal Values it Contains.
The Scriptures is not about oppression but expression of Livingness individually and collectively.

Anyone who imbues skin color with the facilities of Character is Asleep

First one should know that The Natural Energies represented by the Gods is neither racial or cultural but Universal.....And that theirs is no harm if one is going to Anthropomorphize these non human Forces of Nature to also choose a race and cultural for them that you are also comfortable with.

True

In the West, Christians both fought for and against Slavery the Slave trade and Racism....John Brown.

This is not true in the case of Ethiopian and Egyptian Christianity.
Yes...In the case of Official Western European Christianity tied to politics and economic aspirations, Christianity was used to facilitate and justify the oppression and abuse of Afrikan populations. In these Christian Institution the corrupting influence of politics and greed set the agenda and philosophy that underpins their theologies.

True

True

True

Inherent in Christianity is concept of Proselytizing/Evangelizing for converts

Syncretization

Peace,

Questioning is where it starts. Perhaps Christian theology is transforming to a older, blacker, form of spirituality. If this is the case, then the Christianity I grew up with is dying. I wish it a quick and painless death.

Peace
As an exclamation point to the above posts I'd like to add a.........

************************************************************NEWS FLASH*********************************************************

Western civilization for the last 900 years has whitewashed everything it touched!

Lawdy, who've thunk it?

As an exclamation point to the above posts I'd like to add a.........

************************************************************NEWS FLASH*********************************************************

Western civilization for the last 900 years has whitewashed everything it touched!

Lawdy, who've thunk it?
and continues to do so to this day which is why one must attempt to separate the oil from the water which as we know is an extremely tedious process.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back