Black Poetry : You Are What You Wear???

BallOfConfusion

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 23, 2006
~ Maya Angelou
PLEASE SEND THIS TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS SO EVERYONE WILL KNOW THE DEAL.

PLEASE DON'T JUST ERASE THIS EMAIL AND NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!!!!!!

"LIFE" a series of unexpected events

**So I got this email, Honestly I couldn't even get through the whole thing. I don't think you can make a case of you are what wear. Or even worse who makes it. I don't know I probably gotta go back and read through it to get a better understanding. But the way I look at it they need us as much as we need them, their source of income lyes in our wallets. Now me personally am to cheap and poor to worry bout some name brand clothing. but you can afford and like it more power to you.

I do wear a name brand, because I wanna
but it's a warrior's name, called "Queen Tswana"

It don't cost nothing but a Needle & Thread
with a variety of colors, blue, green and red.

You think I'd wear somebody else name on my hip?
when I know all the foul stuff that come from their lip?

Why should I buy them a big house on the hill,
yet about us, they always talk ill.

Ain't that kinda party over here in my house,
cause all them folks names, I can do without!

I think this piece speaks well to those who are so caught up in wearing designer labels, saying that actually, all those labels mean nothing. Just do you.
BallOfConfusion,
I can see why you'd want to share this piece, but our forum rules http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8084 state that when sharing the work(s) of others, you either have to ask the author's permission, or post only a few lines of the work and provide a link to where the remainder of the work can be read.
Rule # 2. Do not add property to this site that belongs to someone other than yourself, without including their written permission. This includes, but is not limited to, poetry, news, articles, short stories, music, etc.
Please edit this post accordingly. Thank you.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back