Black Poetry : You are dangerous to me....

mkhaya lo'

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 1, 2001
Rand Park Ridge, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Occupation
Journalist
This is premeditated danger...going into it knowing...everything that could go wrong.
not stopping to think if its worthwhile..because it hasn't really begun...hence...meditated.

You could be a certain chapter of my life that I'll wish I never had begun. I'll probably regret the first time I ever returned your call...but still, the threat of danger just makes me wonder even more...You probably have a picture in your mind...of me...of what I look like, smile like, walk like, think like, but you could be so wrong...or so right.

I can't tell anybody because the voice of reason will just kill my thrill.

I'm nervous of what this could be...our professions are each other's worst enemies.

Me the journalist-you the politician.....we could never agree workwise....but our hearts could agree...you are dangerous to me.

YeshuJah, you ask me how are race relations in South Africa? well, I can say just about as they are in America, only we are more vocal about them than Americans. I'll you why, in South Africa, the race issue is in everybody's face. White people would rather die than be termed a racist publicly-there's a law against that here. its called the equality act-and the constitution forbids in the Bill of rights.

I think a lot of people are still harbouring bitterness from their experiences during apartheid. I'm the first generation after those rife and bitter years and I still feel it. South Africans have really gone a long way in making things work, race relations are working because the people want to make it work-not because the politicians say so. I can't love a white man because Mandela says I must. I'll do so because I am compelled to love and forgive-as difficult as it is, everybody is going through their own personal spiritual rejuvenation journey's and I think its incredible!! everywhere you go, you talk to people and they talk about "the point" where they realised they need to make it work-a one on one person change.

For me personally, I have things about white people that still bug me. Like they Hardly ever pronounce my name properly. I know I've had five to six variants of my name! and little other things like ignorance about black life and culture-which if you think about it, if there's been a fence that's recently been removed, everything is a bit of a culture shock. Lovewise, I've had a crush on one or two white guys, but in terms of settling down and raising my kids, I want to do it with someone who has the same kind of passion for cultural intergration in the child's upbringing. But God could prove me wrong....

lo'-didn't mean to take up scribe space-but thought I'd share a bit about my world.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back