Black People : You are being WATCHED!

Do you feel safe using your cell?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How to Keep Windows 10 From 'Spying' on You?

Install and use Linux.

Linux provides just as many, if not more, ways vulnerabilities than windows. The only real security is an unplugged computer/phone, powered down and locked in a safe. ;-)

Thanks, but for some reason, I can't see doing Linux. Meanwhile, I have posted several Threads on how to get around security issues with Windows 10 ... and will go with that advice.

How to Keep Windows 10 From 'Spying' on You?

Install and use Linux.

We ... shaka64 and ceebee ... discussed this last night ... 251 263 5220 ... monitoring and such

oldsoul has said for years ... behave as if every word and action is being recorded ... just go 'head and assume that

then you aint say'n or doin nuth'n you aint spoze to ... 'cause you know they listening

:heart:

Destee

I heard that.. hehe.

I used Win10 for a little bit but it crashed horribly. I'm not that comfortable with them taking tons of my info,
but it doesn't really upset me greatly, more annoying.

I just downloaded my entire google archive, and its only a couple gigs - most of it e-mail, and they included spam for some reason.

In either case, Google and other companies have 100x that amount of data stored on me, generated by me, that I'll never see.

That's fairly upsetting, I could probably use that data. I don't believe there is a way to (a) get it (b) remove it.

It is very likely that in the future some of this information can be used against me. I'm not ruling that out.

However, I'm just a normal person. So I don't really see much need for extreme 'privacy' when it comes to corporate entities.
Common sense with extra precaution should be sufficient.

As an aside I do not leave out the possibility of engaging in extreme revolutionary activities in the future.
At that time, I won't be on the internet or with a cellular phone.

Also, for background, I grew up hacking computers in the 90's, and saw computer security 'evolve' - and in early 2000 became not
just disillusioned with technology, but understanding that it was being shaped in a particular way, for a particular purpose.

See Chomsky on Kurzweil for more info..

Linux provides just as many, if not more, ways vulnerabilities than windows.

While the number of vulnerabilities any OS has that are *discovered* is relative to the number of people who use them (e.g. Apple viruses become more popular as more people use MacOS/IOS) - here is a control test you can perform for yourself, regarding the above statement.

Download a 20MB distribution of Linux. Spend some time, and read the code (at 20MB compiled, it might take a hired programmer a week or 2?)
From there you can ascertain exactly what is going on with your system from the source. You can then compile it and run it, and if you were using
a slim web browser like w3m or lynx, have a fairly good idea that your system is secure.

This is impossible to do with Windows or MacOS.

Once you go into more complicated distributions of linux, the amount of code increases, while the ability to audit it decreases.
In fact, modern web browsers are so complicated that its easier for me to compile an entire OS than to compile JUST the browser...

I just think the statement is not quite correct, as the average person who uses Linux has some interest in how the system works,
while the average desktop user simply wants it to work consistently.

Browsing the web today entails implicit tracking of all sorts. I use windows on my desktop, but prefer being able to use any system.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back