Black People : You Actually Had Your Language Taken, Thats Actually Even More Wicked

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by African Rebel, Sep 28, 2010.

1. African Rebel

African Rebel Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    To have our language/linguistic ties forcibly stripped is actually even more wicked than any have come to realize.

I have been studying, and thinking on this aspect of our enslavement throughout the western hemisphere, and to think that we speak a devil's language, and many still have english slave masters names and continually passed down through each generation should be clear evidence of our continued enslavement in more ways than one.

But to think that one has actually had a evil that took us away from land,stripped names that are tied into our birthrights,culture,and who we are as a whole, then to be beaten and forced into a whole other language is actually more wicked than once presumed, let alone our freedom being taken

And what do you propose we do about that Bro. Chinelo?
    Change our names and learn an Afrikan language?

Well first off many need to even come to understand the totality of it, many believe they're actually FREE in the general sense, many want to believe they came here on the mayflower and were in some "INTERRACIAL bliss with euroPEEons, singin, eating and drinking together......thats the first problem to address.....:SuN049:

Wow....Is this what you really believe?

Do you really believe that a vast number of African Americans think their ancestors came to these shores either on the "Mayflower" or of their own accord?

Cosign....those wicked ******** denying us our own identity/languages and imposing their names and tongues on us has had a devastating effects on AAs and one of the main reasons so may of us are lost and confused...

2. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    To have our language/linguistic ties forcibly stripped is actually even more wicked than any have come to realize.

I have been studying, and thinking on this aspect of our enslavement throughout the western hemisphere, and to think that we speak a devil's language, and many still have english slave masters names and continually passed down through each generation should be clear evidence of our continued enslavement in more ways than one.

But to think that one has actually had a evil that took us away from land,stripped names that are tied into our birthrights,culture,and who we are as a whole, then to be beaten and forced into a whole other language is actually more wicked than once presumed, let alone our freedom being taken

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I don't know what I just did wrong, but I was trying to merge these 2 threads ... one was a duplicate, but had posts in both threads ... i think i've lost some posts ... i'm sorry. I see too, that it appears that Brother African Rebel started the thread, when in fact it was Brother Chinelo.

I'm sorry ... I'll keep trying to see what I did wrong, and correct it ... but want you all to know that Sister Purple did something wrong ... :lol:

Nawww ... i'm just kidding ... it was me ... :look:

Love Yall! :kiss:

:heart:

Destee

4. StefiA

StefiA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +215
    The first thing any oppressor will do is to eradicate the oppressed person's language - to me language is what defines how a person thinks and to a large degree how he identifies - you see it even in modern times - Franco in Spain forced the Catalans to speak Spanish as a way of controlling them, Mussolini turned NW Italy Italian speaking rather than Provencal - the situation with Afrikans is the most extreme example cause it went on for so long and was done so brutally.
    I've talked about the names thing before. I knew from research I'd done on my family history that my surname was directly linked back to a plantation owner in Georgia and I've now stopped using it whenever I write my name out - maybe it would be good for people to drop these names and adopt an Afrikan name - if you've had one of those admixture tests done you might be able to choose a name from your own tribe/language even maybe

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    http://www.transparent.com/

6. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
  7. Chinelo

Ratings:
    +1,632
    Thanks sister destee, yes, i think when i made the thread, i pressed twice, and something backed up, and there were two threads.

And yes i'm the actual starter, i think whoever this Rebel poster is, theirs came after medusanegrita's post, my initial post is under the rebel posters, and my second post is jumbled within that one,lol.

Yes please do fix that slight error.

8. Chinelo

Ratings:
    +1,632
    And then we haven't even tapped into the linguistic part as with demographic sounds,syllables, or whatever.

Like how a southern brother or sister in the southern states of amerikkka, sounds different and uses different types of adlibs on words or less, and sound different than in the north.

Yes it was very extreme, thats why i said its even more wicked to actually force out of someone, something as natural as their language....:whip:

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686

Brother Chinelo ... i'm so sorry, that's what i get for trying to fix something. I'm gonna leave everything alone from this point on. I don't know that I can fix it, but i'm trying. Hopefully Sister Medusa and those that posted, will repost (if they remember what they shared before).

I am sorry. Bad Sister Purple! :spank: ... hehehehe

:heart:

Destee

10. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    I do believe that it is important to know of our African cultural ways and languish is an excellent way to start. Our history in Africa can be better understood if we learn how we lived, and how we saw life itself.

AXE!