Black Relationships : Yo Mama!

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by sweetbrownsugar, Aug 25, 2004.

1. sweetbrownsugar

sweetbrownsugar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I'll always love my mama she's my favorite girl. I always love my mama, she brought me in this world.....Talkin' bout mama. You only get one. You only get one.

When it comes to Mama: or the woman who filled the shoes as your Mama:
    what are you thankful to her for?
    what has she done for you?
    what do you admire about her?
    what is your fondest memory of her?
    what do you love about her?
    What are some lessons or things (taken or learned from her) that you now live by?

2. jazzymoonchild

jazzymoonchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

administrative
    Ratings:
    +9
    I absolutely adore my Mother. The only person that I would put before her would be my daughter. They have my complete loyalty.

I love that my mother has been through alot of hard times, poverty, abusive relationships, raising kids, growing up in a very racist town in New York, but came out of all of those things to be one of the classiest, hard working and elegant women I have ever known. She didn't go to college, but she has such knowledge about proper things. She is a lady always and taught me about being a lady. I love that as I have grown older, that she respects me and my opinion and even talks to me about things she needs help with.

Even when we don't agree on things, I know that I would be lost if I didn't have her. If I didn't talk to her regularly, usually every day more than twice a day. She is the best and I wouldn't want another.

3. sweetbrownsugar

sweetbrownsugar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Early this morning when I got up out of bed, she was the first thing on my mind. So I did a little reminiscing. I always liked how she expressed how proud she was of me. She always let me know. I love her "good-byes" too because they reak of her love for me.....she always send me on my way with 1) The Bible 2) the best care boxes with all kinds of things packed And 3) when I pull off out of the drive way, she'll stand there holding back tears and will wave 'til the car is out of sight. I always turn around (eyes red) and come back pretending that I left something in the house just to give her another I love you and to let her know that I'm proud of her too.

most of all, I like how for 18 years of my life she took on the job of being my mama and my daddy. She would always let us know, "I'm your daddy"

4. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    My mother and I have had a really strange relationship. I felt that she let me raise myself...leaving me at home alone at the age of 8. But now that I'm older I understand why she did what she did. My parents divorced when I was 7 and my father was always overseas. I think my mom had no choice but to let me "watch" myself because she was working.

I used to be mad at her for missing all my basketball games, track meets, and vollyball games. I used to be mad she never saw me score 21 points in a winning basketball game or that I came in first place at every track meet. But a few years ago when I visited her and told her how I felt she told me she thought I never really needed her. That I was so independent that I never asked her to come to the games, that I never cared if she was there or not...and it was sort of true.

My mother got mad at me because I left home at 16 and moved in with my dad. We've been sort of estranged since then. I thought my mother was being sucked into the gutter by her mom and sisters...and I resented her for moving to Oklahoma and giving up her job and house.

We've been able to laugh and talk over the last 7 years and today she will be coming to Seattle for the first time in 17 years. I am really excited for her to see my house, see all the remodeling I've done and to see how much my daughter has grown. All I want to do over the next 3 days is spoil my mom..take her to get pampered, take her to a few nice restaurants and then show her the city.

In the past my mother and I have never been real close but I've always loved her. She loves me and she thinks that I'm funny. I love making her laugh. I love to tease her about how short she is. I love the fact that we've finally have a great relationship.

5. jazzymoonchild

jazzymoonchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

administrative
    Ratings:
    +9
    Carrie,

That is wonderful! I wish you a great visit with your mom. This new relationship is a blessing for you all.

6. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thank you Jazzy...she should be here in two hours.

7. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    My mom is smart and laid back....that's what I love most. She never lectured us to death. She taught us right from wrong and when we didn't listen and messed up....we felt stupid. I learned more that way than if she would've tried to beat it into my head. I'm alot like her because I take my personal time very seriously. I have to have time to do things I like and I don't let people get me down. That's straight from her. She taught me how to relax. Not in a lazy way, but to the point where I'm completely comfortable wherever I am and whatever I am doing. :luvv:

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    thankful for bringing me in this world and
    teaching me the values of a woman ......
    best woman Queen i adore and respect
    greatly

9. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    When it comes to Mama: or the woman who filled the shoes as your Mama:
    what are you thankful to her for?
    what has she done for you?
    what do you admire about her?
    what is your fondest memory of her?
    what do you love about her?
    What are some lessons or things (taken or learned from her) that you now live by?

Hmm.. my mother is a bit illogical at times, but the one thing I doi thank her for? She showed me how to speak my mind and not hold my tongue for anybody. She taught me little stuff, tricks about cooking and cleaning.. she showed me how to maintain a household and work full time. My fondest memory has to be when I was sixck once, and coughing in my sleep (I was a teenager by then) she woke me up to give me orange juice. Or maybe when I was in labor, and she sat next to me the whole time, never stopping to so much as drink her coffee (meanwhile, my husband went missing in search of a cheeseburger...).

10. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    My Mother is a Goddess. Plain and Simple.