Black People : Yet another RACIST RESTAURANT CHAIN

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by A007, Oct 9, 2008.

1. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    It has come to my attention through a friend of mine who works at Red Robin Restaurants that this company knows of and condones RACISM. My friend is no longer with them because he couldn't stand the racism. They have a new white manager that has as his mission to get rid of all of the african american employees including his management team simply because of the color of their skin.

The concerns were voiced to Red Robin corporate offices and they launched a fake investigation that was really an attempt to find out who complained enough to warrant an email to corporate. After a few weeks of only calling black females (because I purposely told them it was a female to protect my friend) to find out if they were insulated from litigation, a HR person made a trip to the Red Robin and fired a minority manager because the white general manager persuaded three white females to write lies about the miniority manager sleeping with them. He did this by promising them shifts that they neither earned nor deserved. Now, these servers are getting shifts that used to be reserved for the best servers...who just happen to be black.

The G.M. who started the entire drama did not receive as much as a slap on the wrist, even after firing a african american manager for theft when there was no theft of Red Robin property. This is after more than one minority manager working under him expressed concerns that he was racist to HR. This is why the minority manager experienced the retaliation having lies made up about him so he would lose his job. So, now that there is a hostile working environment for the black managers and employees because their racist white boss is also a theif and terrible at his job, it seems that we will have to do all that we can do to bring this situation to light.

Let everyone you know, in all of the outlets that you have, know that
    1) Red Robin does not build restaurants in black neighborhoods
    2) that they condone and protect racists
    3) they have NO black R.M.'s in 200 plus restaruants
    4) they fire black managers and employees on whims simply because of the color of their skin
    5) allows racist white, incompetent managers to create terrible work environments for minority employees

I have notified my friends at the ABC affiliate here. Please do the same if you have such connections to the media. This RACIST company must be exposed!

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

A007,

Good stuff! Now you see, as you always have, the importance of what we are about to do here, at Destee.com. This is no joke, and I take it quite seriously.

Again, I am looking forward to our agreed upon kick-off Date of:

October 14, 2008in Voice Chat

It is exciting, to say the least! Especially knowing 9's will be peeking:)

3. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    QQn... ;)

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa:

That's: My Girl (Sorry about the song, though). But, meanwhile go to your profile page, Zulile and take a peek!:)

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Family,

This is the kind of info that should find itself into the proposed perpetual Newsletter*, of sorts, as a home-grown source(Destee.com) for our people, and people in general.

This thread can/will collect any and all info relevant to Racism that requires such attention, which, at the end of the day, shall be distributed, and/or availabe to members, guests, vistors, and the general public.

*(a direct result of the Group Think Project..schedule 10-14-2008)

6. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    thanks for the info I'm gonna make sure and forward this as many people I know..........

if that ain't racist then I don't know what the hell is................

7. rasembi aunk

rasembi aunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    If anyone has any friends that work there they might want to tell them to invest in some hidden microphones and other surveillance equipment to gather enough info to sue the company. Record EVERY conversation you have with management and save it. You might end up getting a good chunk of cash.

8. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    ^^^^ *jahari goes to apply at a red robin*

9. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Thank you for this information!

Those who are old enough may remember a restaurant chain called "Sambo's."

They don't exist any more other than the original. The rest, I think, were bought up by Denny's; but I well remember that restaurant and how Black people could work in the kitchen but not eat there. I well remember there being those Black lawn jockeys outside of them.

I remember my mother telling how Blacks would go around smashing those lawn jockeys in her time in White people's yards. Then, they started making them in metal instead of plaster.

I remember when Black people couldn't eat at The Waffle House and IHOP.

So, yeah, Round Robin is just another link in the chain.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. red robin racist commercial