Black Spirituality Religion : YES! Tuau Auset!

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by KMTSista, Jan 15, 2010.

1. KMTSista

KMTSista Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +259
    We are in the Auset Cycle! Whew

I made a mistake and forgot the cycles change the week of the new moon!

Bring on the mommy-ing LOL

2. Alexandra

Alexandra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +180
    Kmtsista,

Quick question please.

I note that on occasion, you have stated the ATR equivalent of an Egyptian Deity, so wanted to ask if you mix different belief systems, or if you are strictly Kemetic(?)

Also, how long will this particular cycle last and what does it bring?

Many thanks Sis,

A

3. KMTSista

Ratings:
    +259

Hey sis,

I started off for a couple of years in Yoruba/Santeria, but my spirit lead me to NTRU. The High Priestess in Yoruba was the opposite. She started off in NTRU and was lead to Yoruba LOL, and some convert from NTRU to Akan.

So as of right now I practice NTRU.

A lot of the time I make reference to Yoruba dieties that are similar on NTRU tree of life, as Shekem Ur Shekem does in the Metu Neter, but the practices aren't to be mixed.

There are a lot of similarities but many differences in interpretation, spiritual readings and practices, at least to those of us in training. Even the Shekem aren't going to tell the students but so much. Sort of like you learn as you go and finding what works best for your person, you know?

4. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    How fascinating and thank you for sharing. So having practiced Santeria and Yoruba, do you find that one system was "easier" than the other ones? I hope that makes sense lol.

Also, I would still love to know more about this cycle that we have entered. Thanks again for taking the time to educate me Sis.

Ps - Who is Chango in your system?

A

5. KMTSista

Ratings:
    +259
    That's a really good question Alexandra, for me and this is for me personally, I find NTRU to be a little harder and Yoruba to be easier.

Why do I say this, well its because NTRU and the Shekem force you to really think of things on a conscious level and face yourself A LOT because they want you to tap into your "person" to learn over time and clearly let you know that it is going to take years of work.

Its sort of like watching the Karate kid and when Mr. Miyagi had him washing cars for weeks and painting, he couldn't figure out why the heck he had to do all this and what it had to do with martial arts. Its sort of like being having a teacher and having guidance but also self educating your SELF, and with that comes having to look in the mirror.

Not that you aren't to do so in Yoruba, but Yoruba to me, based on my teacher, was more mundane. Not that there's anything wrong with the mundane aspect of spirituality, but in NTRU you have both spiritual and mundane. (See Metu Neter vol. 1), as each deity has a spiritual and mundane hekau.

What I don't like in regards to Yoruba is its hard to find a true rooted house because so much is still tainted with Catholicism, and sad to say but I have experienced many people in the religion who are in it to strictly make money, but are questionable with their actual spiritual teachings and have allowed too many white people to infiltrate the spiritual paths. And I don't like going to a Botanica and finding my African Dieties still hidden behind catholic saints because for me its still enslavement.

So much has been lost in our religious systems due to slavery so its hard to find truth, that's why I chose NTRU because at the end of the day, you can read all the books in the world, but the way to your true SELF and ancestors is turning within, and each time I turn within, I learn something new every time.

Akan is similar to NTRU. I have a friend in Akan and they are very strict in their teachings and very private because unlike Yoruba, Santeria and Voodoo, they prefer not to have outside intrusion, if you feel me? lol In his house there are children who have been taught by mothers and fathers many generations back in Africa, and they do not allow white people, at least not this brothaz house nor are they a store front house.

I prefer the "African's only" because for me to practice and be open to my African self and ancestry, its an insult to allow people who degraded our religions in the first place to be allowed into the spiritual systems. Its a slap in the face to my ancestors who were lynched for practicing Vodun, yet now if you go online all you see are white voodoo practitioners.

I'm a person who loves going the hard way of finding truth. I love a good challenge. The hardest part is the willingness to face yourself because when you look at your past difficulties and decisions, you are encouraged to look at your part in whatever happened, and have to learn forgiveness, which is not easy for many to do. You are also taught to detach yourself from the things of this world, and realize that everything that happens, good or bad (watching my words), are experienced for your divinity.

Some people find it easier to go into Santeria because a lot of teachings unfortunately have been tainted, and are still, like during slavery, remain hiding behind catholic saints. Plus in NTRU you are not permitted, if you are truly committed to eat meat. Everyone I know in NTRU are vegans, so taking care of their vessel is just as important, just as those in Islam, pork is a no no, but so is chicken, fish etc.

It just didn't work for me, maybe it will one day, and I'll get back into it, but for right now, my spirit is very committed to the Khamitic way of life, but I have my mind open to all paths because I see truth in all. I choose to see all, but it has to be from an African perspective and not from a European perspective, i.e. Christianity. I see the "man" for what he represents, whether fact or fiction, what HE is SUPPOSE to stand for is very similar to NTRU but we are all to become Christ like, if that makes sense?

I have a hard time with "Christianity" when I'm forced to look at it through European interpretations. I hope that makes sense.

Chango in NTRU would be Heru.

Heru in NTRU represents the WILL of man, the ability to know you have a choice (free will), being able to be centered, keeping your men ab in check. Keeping cool even in the face of adversity, all branches are parts of the ONE in Ausar, which is connected to our true nature which is Peace (Amen).

For example when you hear me saying Herukhuti, he is the warrior that stands for justice and your own God given ability to cut anything good or bad from your life. It however does not give man the right to seek vengence because in the law of herukhuti, you realize that God always has your back and everything happens in its due time (Sekhert), so you don't have to worry about what other people will do to you or DO to you because when you view yourself as God MAN/Wombman you realize that you are on a high level and not allow yourself to live by animal instinct, which is to quickly react with anger, lust over the things of this world, this is where Het Heru comes in. Every law has to have balance. Het-Heru (House of Heru) has many joyful aspects, but too much of anything is not good either. So SELF control is very important.

Its so much I could say, but I don't want to write a book LOL.

6. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    I really do appreciate you for taking the time to write such a detailed and revelatory post Sis! I can certainly see the appeal of such a holistic, pure and inward looking system.

Also, do you do rituals for everyday dilemmas such as cash flow issues, or relationship issues?

I have always been uneasy at the presence of Caucasians in ATR. Do you admit homosexuals?

Lastly, I am found the last paragraph quite relevant, because I am currently involved in spiritual warfare with a relative who is determined (it seems) to kill me (nice!). It is all motivated by greed and material gain, and at one point I seriously considered engaging in similar tactics. However, so far I have maintained that everything happens for a reason, and will continue petitioning Chango/Heru for justice.

Thanks

A

7. KMTSista

Ratings:
    +259
    Not a problem

No, not for mundane purposes. I know how to (LOL), but when I perform rituals, i.e. working with herbs etc., I do it mainly for spiritual cleansing and communication with God and my ancestors, with whom I allow to work through me to help lead me to the solution of the difficulty I may be experiencing and they always work through other people and allow me to cross paths with others to give me solutions and answers to my request. I find it works better that way FOR ME. However if I have a very serious mundane problem that could be a threat to my person, I usually leave that in the hands of either my Madrina or seek counsel on how to handle it from a Sage. I never jump too quick at trying to do emergency things on my own because I'm not a high prietess.

I'm a work in progress LOL *wink

Are you asking me if I am homosexual? If so the answer is no, I'm heterosexual.

Or

Do I have a problem with homosexuality. The answer is I don't judge. I do feel a man should be with a woman, but I'm not God so I can't speak on that. I am a Goddess, but I only know a portion, not the whole.

Well Herukhuti deals with Justice (which would be Ogun in Yoruba), but I see what you are saying. But you have to keep yourself on a higher level than that relative and not stoop to their level because they are dealing with obvious anger issues which is the animal side of our being.

Its hard because people take you "there", believe me I know LOL, but in order to keep YOUR self leveled, its best to always try to remain as peaceful as possible, and like you said petition the ancestors because they have your back, but be careful not to petition the wrong ancestor because not everyone transitions in the state that we would like them to and petition the wrong ancestor can cause more problems than anything.

Also try take your concern to an Ifa Prietess, maybe the pot needs to be fed, you know? And have a reading done as well about the situation because God can see more than we can in other people, so he knows things you don't know and may counsel you on how to handle a situation. This is what we do when we perform an oracle reading. We don't perform it to get a yes or no answer, we do it so we can know what tools we need to work with in order to bring the situation into a peaceful state/within the laws of God.

God would never want you to be harmed for you to harm another. Your relative could be dealing with a dark deceased issue, a health issue (Geb), an electrical magnetic energy or earthly energy due to toxins (Uatchet/Nekhebet). It could be anything, so ask God first, ask your ancestors first and they will guide you in the right direction

8. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    Lol. heavens no Sis! I was not asking about your sexuality but rather whether homosexuals can be 'initiated' into your system. Admittance of Caucasians and homosexuals are two contentious topics in ATR as you know.

Thanks for the advice. Ill keep that in mind.

A

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

KMT Sista and Alexandra,

What a beautuful exchange my two(2) sister friends, I really learned a lot and immensely enjoyed reading the flow of the conversation. And KMT Sista, your devotion to finding peace and truth is beyond reproach and very impressive; the Destee.com Family is blessed to have you here with us, sharing the knowledge you have accumulated.

Sister Alexandra gets big kudos for asking all the right questions that drew out the best of Sister KMT Sista, for real!

10. Alexandra

Ratings:
    +180
    Thank you so much for the encouraging words Brother Clyde xx (lol, I just had to!! what is the tally so far of 'x's racked up since yesterday?)

I too am grateful for this dear Sister's presence.

A