Black People : Yes or No Destee

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Sekhemu, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    I am about to renew my premium membership here at Destee. However I want to know, are the administrators here at Destee encouraging whites to become members? If this is the case, I will make a donation and move on.

I came to destee because I was under the impression that this was a site exclusively for and by black people, However if the policy is to include whites then I will have to disolve my membership.

Like Isaiah and a few others here I am a black nationlist and I can not take part in any black forum that includes whites.

Naturally I can't tell the administrators and fuculty who they allow to become members, however I think I need to state my position here.

2. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    One of the problems with the internet in general is that it is very easy to lie.... about an address, an age, a race or nationality, even what you look like. And no one would be the wiser unless that person chooses to announce the truth.

While I'm not advocting membership to non-Black people, i ask this question: how do we REALLY know who's who around here? Now, that is not to accuse anyone, or even raise questions aboutmy own identity, but it does raise some concerns..... How do we know who any of us really are?

In addition, I feel that this site bills itself as being open to anyone, with a focus on Black people/pride/problems and concerns. It feels like home to me. But, as with any home, there are usually outside forces that motive us to turn against each other, and be leery of outsiders.

There was a thread that asked why whites would want to post on Destee... That can be expanded and the question can be asked: why would Muslims go to a Christian forum? Why would teenagers go to an adult forum? If you love dogfigthing, why would you visit PETA?

That's just IMHO. However, I do feel that something needs to be cleared up: IS this a forum BY Black people FOR Black people, or is it an open community where everyone is welcome except for those who practice hate?

Toya

3. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    One way to go when given ultimatums..

Sekhemu
    There are many sites where black activists, talk revolution all day. Banning earth wasn't because you want him banned.

" In addition, I feel that this site bills itself as being open to anyone, with a focus on Black people/pride/problems and concerns. It feels like home to me. But, as with any home, there are usually outside forces that motive us to turn against each other, ' well stated Toylin

I'm going to ask again. Delete the thread. stop the nonsense, because anyone that creates issues like this black or white I vote to ban!

" I came to destee because I was under the impression that this was a site exclusively for and by black people, However if the policy is to include whites then I will have to disolve my membership. " we have CINDY ... she has existed here before me , and you.

You can't be serious about the above statement? Only what you own can you control.

There is only one thing to consider when given an ultimatum. Show them the door because there is room on the outside for others.

Destee another way those who don't want to see this succeed can do that is, enter in the same clothing or uniform looking like everyone else and cause trouble. A single membership from anyone isn't worth it, and I'm surprised it has been tolorated thus far.

4. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

I'm very serious about the above statement my man. I could care less who came before or after me, I just know what brought me here

Nor do I care what or how to choose to vote, based on your "feelings". It won't affect my life in any shape or form. Ok, so you go ahead and do what you feel bruh

5. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    Let's not make this another thread full of tension. This site is; " for and by black people "

" However if the policy is to include whites then I will have to disolve my membership. " Always have options that can be immediately implemented and acted on. I like decision makers. I'm one as well.

I voted on the issue before us. I feel as I did then. There were two sets of unclean hands here. While Earth came off, wrong with his comments and intentions. He has been asked to chill if he wishes to stay and participate.Already I have seen a change in his flow. If the thread is deleted.. see my vote no longer counts, and everyone moves on.

If he does just FLOW like we all do. In some harmonious fashion. I would retract my vote to ban him. See I only voted to have him banned because he went back on his site and called our views racist.

He also said we are being ridiculousand narrow minded. Now that to me is worthy of being banned. But I can also for give him. If he goes about his business, enjoying the forum, and flowing like the rest of the river. " Getting along! " Rodney King coined that one.

Activists gather with activist. You lead yourself falsely, because being black doesn't make me an automatic activist. This site can and will be a launch pad for many great things, but racial hate I know isn't one of them. What ever your motive. No one told you we were an activist forum. Or that you arrived one one. If they did you were mislead again. Views here, unlike the actions real activist like yourself spouse, needs to be in another location and forum, where you can spouse, off profanity’s and things activist like to talk about and hate.

This site I was told, and I believe is open about unity and accept those who are willing, first to stay and work within guidelines set by the Owner, with help from the Moderators. And those who don't cause tensions and disrespect the Owner, other members, and guest.

You made another mistake in belief, you believe and wrote; " However I want to know, are the administrators here at Destee encouraging whites to become members? "

The administrators are encouraging anyone like minded like themselves, who want to participate in a forum that is free of name calling. They encourage, unity and what they don’t do is make anyone feel uncomfortable. Unlike your initial post. You know the one that started this issue.

I'm not trying to phase your life. That would be misleading me. My message I thought was clear; maybe you need to consider seriously what you threaten to do.

Why the hurry up, impatience of do it now? That is a blood thirsty learned behavior I joined this form to get away from. I found that on BET. And other well established sites that ran willy-nilly morals and administration. Forums I'm trying hard to stay clear of. They have and are run by a mental mob mentality I don't experience here and don't care to associate with.

If your donating it is appreciated. If you stay welcome. But don't make it uncomfortable for anyone here with hatred, and rhetoric that belongs someplace else. Please.

To decide on anything because ten dollars or hundred dollars are hanging in the wind, isn't the approach that should be taken. Breath! Threating to produce it if things go a certain way. Is wrong. Dead wrong. This post of yours like the other are a division within themselves. Read that again.

If can't divide a relative down the middle without causing death. There are mixed blood and white spouses within my extended family. Never been brought up to hate. Never will hate. I'll disagree with you.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Sekhemu ... are we encouraging whites to become members here? ... how exactly would we go about doing that? i mean ... what acts would qualify for "encouraging whites to become members here?"

If maintaining high levels of peace and respect can do that ... if extending common courtesies to those who enter our home can do that ... if encouraging the Membership to treat each other as they would want to be treated, a welcome sign for white folk, then yes, we are probably guilty. Are we out canvassing the Internet sending invitations to white folk, encouraging them to join us? No Brother, we are not doing that. Are we putting up signs that say, we welcome all white folk here, please join us ... no, we're not doing that either. Are we offering a 2 for 1 special on Premium Memberships to all white folk? No Brother, we're not doing that.

Brother Sekhemu, you have been here long enough to see how we live, and if anything that you've witnessed qualifies as "encouraging white folk to become Members" ... then you're entitled to that determination based on the evidence you have in front of you.

This community is for, by, and about Black folk. We have never said that it is "exclusively" for Black folk. We, Black folk, are not in any kind of position to claim, require, demand or verify that only Black folk participate here or anywhere. What do we own that is not ultimately controlled by the very White folk you insist that we leave out? Please name it. What makes me speak this way is hearing Mr. Neely Fuller, Jr. this past Wednesday night. My first question to him went something like this ... "Mr. Fuller, we are an African American / Black community. Should we be kind to the White folk that join us, or should we kick them out?" ... his response, and i'm paraphrasing ... (actually, we recorded the entire session and it should be available for all to hear soon) ... but basically he said ... There is no such thing as a Black community. How are you going to have a Black community when you're in the bottom of a slave ship? Slavery has not ended. He said you can believe you have a community, many in the past have thought such things, but nothing is yours in a world of White supremacy. Everything belongs to them. They control everything. So cancel any thoughts of a "Black community" because white folk go where they want, when they want, and no one can stop them. Needless to say, his response was startling, dissapointing, and somber.

We have white Members. As has already been mentioned, Cindy is a long time Member here. One of the first willing to help financially support this community. She has given love to most and it is much appreciated. We probably have lots of other White folk around here, that have not been so bold as to announce that to us.

You titled this thread ... Yes or No Destee ... but Brother Sekhemu, rarely is anything that "black or white" when dealing with 5000+ individuals. Especially when the majority feels some sense of "ownership" when it comes to this place (and rightfully so, as no one of us could ever do this alone). I don't usually have the pleasure, though it does happen occasionally, of any decision being as simple as "yes or no."

Banning Earth from this community was not a clear cut ... ban him or let him stay ... kind of decision. While his presence has caused some disruption, he's broke no rule. As a matter of fact, others have stirred the pot of disruption, put flames under it, and kept it boiling ... aiding him in his effort to disrupt our community and keep our focus on him, if that was his / their goal.

Many times over the years, when i wasn't sure which way to move this entire house, i've sought the wisdom of all who count this place home. Now that we have Premium Members, when necessary, i will come to them to help decide how WE live. We've grown too large to let it be about what one somebody wants, there are too many of us, and the challenge is for us to live together ... all of us ... harmoniously and in as much agreement as possible. Therefore, i asked the Premium Members to vote on whether Earth should stay ... and the only reason i did this is because his presence has become disruptive, even though we are responsible for feeding that to some degree ... and many have said they want him gone.

For those of you who are Premium Members, please feel free to vote in this thread, Should Earth Be Banned?, as well as leave your thoughts. The majority will decide, not Destee.

Certainly "Destee" is at the top of the page and i do make many decisions around here, but it is not all about what Destee wants ... well, it is ... in that i want me and my people to be able to come together in peace, love, respect, and agreement when possible, despite our differences.

So no matter what the ultimate vote is for any Member staying or leaving ... and i'm sure we'll have more votes now that this has happened ... but no matter the vote ... i've received what i want, if you can see what i mean. We are all peacefully deciding together, how we shall proceed.

Brother Sekhemu ... i know i've talked a lot and not directly (yes or no) answered your question, but the answer to your question is ... that the answer is no longer in my hands.

If i can be of more assistance Brother Sekhemu, please let me know.

:heart:

Destee

7. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Yada yada. I don't get taken in by this double talk. Nice try at character assisination. Let me make it plain to you. It is not for you to say whether I stay or go. So save the ridiculous boule posturing.

I don't care if you have a problem with how I deal with your frined the white man. You come across as the apologist for black people that you don't agree with who expose the machinations caucasians.

Do you want to integrate with white folks? Division is never a quesion when it comes to Jews having only jewish organizations. So why are you crying about me saying blacks need to have something for themselves. You better look around you and see the other members that feel the same.

You take from this site what fits your inclusive way of thinking. So your opinions are arbitrary.

but since you are "premium" member, your expressed opinion is supposed to hold more weight than others.Is this why you acted in so much haste to respect to this thread. A compelling need to express your rhetoric with respect to the question in my that probably made you uncomfortable in the first place? Read: you being subjective. BTW who are you to tell me what to say that might make others uncomfortable, and under whose criteria?

So you can send a reply if you want to, The question on this thread is not for you and you alone to respond to, because you only speak for yourself. Hopefully you will keep it that way

8. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

I don't need to go into a play by play analysis of what I believe is opinion and fact. Speaking directly here. But one thing I do disagree with is the assertion that there is no black community.

Whatever resources we have and create as black people can only be taken or coopted from us by complicity, Not just because someone has the "physical Power" to do so. Case in point... Music.

From what I can see there is a cadre of premium members here that don't care whether or not whites are here, and they are welcome to that conviction. In light of this fact It has become painfully obvious to me that it is time for me to move on.

I've outlined my reasons for doing so at the top of this thread

May the road be folded one last time

Ashe

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Sekhemu ... i do hate to see you leave us, if that is the choice you've made.

One thing i've learned from interacting with so many Black Folk, right here in this community, is that we will never all agree on any one thing. If that is what you're seeking, i do wish you well ... but the fact of the matter is, we are all individuals, entitled to our own individual beliefs and the respect due them.

In spite of our many differences, we are challenged to work together so that we can move our people beyond this current place and time.

It's a great challenge Brother Sekhemu, and whether you are here or somewhere else, i believe you will be helping to move us in that direction.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

10. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    Who died and left someone else in charge

Sorry quiet isn't within my nature. Sekhemu, I'm not voting on you being banned.

Double talk. Your being replied to by a brother , that has more down with the cause. My upbringing wasn't silver spoon, and I survived every last dripping blood ounce I shed growing up where and how I did. But this isn't about u are bad! Am I bad. You threatend to leave. lol

Yada yada.. I first heard that from a white man. I worked with. It's ok because I didn't ridicule him, but I still laugh when I hear it.

" Nice try at character assisination. " I don't know your character, I'm familiar with the attitude and demeanor portrayed. Your angry. Why? I only replied to your post, because you made accusations, about what you percieved to believe. I saw your post and wondered why you want and need an answer now, be patient. I go fishing to build by tolorance and patience very therapeutic.

I'm self educated. " No ridiculous boule posturing " here. Is that word suppose to be bullying? If it was spelled ( boulle) it would mean elaborate designs in tortoiseshell or Ivory. Like the chinese carve. In Ivory.

" I don't care if you have a problem with how I deal with your frined the white man. " I don't have a problem with how you deal at all.

" Do you want to integrate with white folks? " I know your ancestors have mixed blood. I know mine do also. So we are integrated. The whole you and me integrated with them. But what you mean is will I marry one, no I like my children pretanned. Are you asking would I work with one.. yes in a heart beat. Are you asking what side I would be on if there was a riot, or another revolution and dogs were biting at us like they were in the sixty's. Well you know the answer to that one. The side they see me on. Yours. Activist with narrow views ned educating. Maybe that is why we can't get this thing right, because they can't keep their gun in their pocket.

" You come across as the apologist for black people that you don't agree with who expose the machinations caucasians. " recognize civility.. until as Malcolm put it. He puts his hands on you; Then you break his neck by any means necessary . Did you read an apology in my post. I wasn't apologizing. I said. Leave folks alone and stop bullying them. Stop hating what you don't understand. Stop spousing off Rhetoric that is text book trash. Only my ex-convict friends still do that. Were not fiends any more, becasse they live destructively. never building yet always complaining Charlie has them down. Thats the rhetoric. See Charlie has me down too. But he'll never here me say it, because I'm always coming up, and you should see him ponder that question mark. Man that is to die for. lol

If it gets in your way go around, if you cant go over it, if you can't then go thru it. I live these words. So don't try yourself insulting me because we can keep this civil. Didn't I say that in my last post. If you have a problem with anyone, you should just avoid them. Earth didn't get in your face until you felt the need without any other subject on your mind, in your day, push the envelope and see just how much you could get away with, say, do, act up, and command for the dollar you felt you supplied. see you told me that is your drive.. because you said you were going to take it back, or withold it until you got a response to another issue thread.

I dont tolorate wrong, and I won't accept wrong addressed to you and no one white, black, asian , what ever nationality they may be. So if an activist was to stand up it would be for all wrongs. Looks to me , and tell me if you agree. Earth held his own. On the questions you posed. So see I don't need to defend him.

" Do you want to integrate with white folks? Division is never a quesion when it comes to Jews having only jewish organizations. So why are you crying about me saying blacks need to have something for themselves. You better look around you and see the other members that feel the same. ' You missd Dr. Fuller the other day didn't you? Well we should have something of our own. But if the web, some asian, or white guy designed.. and I believe he is white cause I saw an article years ago. Was to pull the plug on the thing. What would we have then? See we haven't ahieved yet. Because we are being distracted. You by me, me by you. Break bread, instead of heads. So you and I should break bread. Cause at the end of the day. The plug gets pulled on those who linger on nonsense, and the lights go out. Jews had money before Hitler took a lot of it. Did you know our government gives your parents and my parents tax dollors to everyone including the Hispanic community because the have a consulate, here from their home land. Where is our consulate. if you were to leave the United States and get in a country where you had to call the folks to help you. What consulate would you call? You and I would probable be told that number and consulate we had reached wasn't in our district. You know how ythe rules change when we need to score. lol

you would make a great detective. But you wouldn't solve many cases. Because you assume ( you ever hard that joke about assume.. lol )to much. First you assume you know the reason. Then you generalize, assuming I felt uncomfortable. see I saw you making trouble. I observed that first. Why such a question? did you get your reply, are you going to guard and DNA everyone you suspect is white in here mnd run out of town on a rail? No so chill. write some poetry and worry about yourself FIRST. you did ask everyone when you postherew. So in responding I relized you were not a fair person, open minded person. See that attitude gets brothers fired because they cant deal with no body telling them how to do anything, or can't be told anything. I would fire a brother like hat too. That would in the eyes of name callers a sell out.. say it sell out. Cause that is what you meant. i find tha funny too. I'm not a sell ut, or for sell. but my talents can be rented until I decide we can and have no more relationship. see my boss can't fire me. I quit, when I have had enougn of his unfair attitude towards women, me, and my co-workers.

" BTW who are you to tell me what to say that might make others uncomfortable, and under whose criteria? ' I'm just me.. i don't care what you do really. it doesn't as you stated earlier. PHASE me. Right. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.