Black Entertainment : Yasiin Bey, the Former Mos Def, Shares New Song, Tells ISIS to ‘F*** Off’ in Interview

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Liberty, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,254
    [​IMG]

Yasiin Bey, the socially conscious rapper formerly known as Mos Def, released a single and participated in a politically charged interview following this weekend's
    devastating Paris attacks. Talking to journalist Ferrari Sheppard for their own multimedia project, A Country Called Earth, Bey dished on such topics as police violence, human rights, and religion, among others. "Everything from Tamir Rice, to the Paris shootings, to what's happening to the students in University of Missouri ... it's all connected, it's all the same thing," Bey said, calling for people to embrace humanity and not act like machines. "And by the way, a big giant **** off to ISIS. You don't represent nothing about Islam or nothing about the Prophet. And another giant **** off to everybody who's trying to say, 'See, this is Islam's fault.'"

In tandem with the interview, ACCE shared Bey's "No Colonial Fiction." The song, featuring Rice in its lyrics and artwork, echoes many of Bey's sentiments from the interview. "Do something, do something real," Bey raps over hazy, dreamy production. "Zulu Nation is creation, we want no colonial fiction."

Read more

http://www.vulture.com/2015/11/mos-def-no-colonial-fiction.html

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Enjoyed Enjoyed x 1
    • List
  2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    IMO : islam is an arab religion forced on blacks the same as Christianity......

3. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,254
    I don't know much about the origins of Islam outside the USA. But, I do know there are problems with all te "isms and schisms".

I am not a fan of rap music, generally. But, I always admired Mos Def/Yasiin Bey. I have been trying to follow his story... how he went to South Africa, stayed a long while, and then was barred from returning to the USA for his tour. He converted to Islam while there, but that alone should not be a reason to lose your citizenship....

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    :11100:you heard of donald trump?

5. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,254
    Yes, but he's been stuck about two years I think...

I think the issue might be that he did some kind of experiment about water boarding.

But, from what I've read, the US isn't even giving him an explanation on why he can't come home.