Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Yarn Braids

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by rapunzal24, Nov 29, 2011.

1. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    Well, I finally got them done. I have been neglecting my hair for a minute, and finally last night I did an avocado hair treatment, (thanks MsInterpret), and I got my yarn braids put in. I love them because they give the look of locs. I have always wanted to get dreads, but they are so permanent, and I know me, I would want to cut them out in 3 weeks. So, this is a great alternative. I love it and I feel beautiful, it is time to give my hair a break during the winter. Ladies, if you want a protective style, try yarn braids, it is a differnet look, and it is a great style to give your hair a break. Love It!!!!

2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    I wonder if you come across any pics of this style by models if you could put up the links or something. I'm familiar with this type of style years ago, but as styles seem to change, I wonder what it would look like today. Also, I remember someone said that based upon the type of material of yarn, it might damage your true hair, did you hear anything about this? And did the yarn used in the past change to become better for the protection of human hair? Anyway, I'm glad you like you new style!

3. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I will have to check and see if I can find any pictures, the avatar I have up is the back of my hair. If you use cotton yarn, then it will begin to actually lock with your hair. I used 100% acrylic so it won't lock. I'm not sure if the yarn has changed from the past, but I am definitely hoping that this break will give my hair a chance to grow.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Thank You Sister Rapunzal for sharing!

I know a young Sister that did the yarn braids, still does them on occasion, and i was shocked that it was yarn ... simply beautiful!

Your avatar picture shows the same ... BEAUTIFUL ... :love:

I too hope it gives your natural hair the break you're looking for!

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee