Black People : Yahweh Ben Yahweh Transitions at 71

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by oldsoul, May 14, 2007.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yahweh leader dies of cancer

He called himself the Black Messiah. Federal prosecutors had a label of their own for him: the most notorious criminal in South Florida, head of a killer cult. Yahweh Ben Yahweh, the Miami sect leader whose black supremacist teachings drew his followers into a web of racism, murder and terror in the 1980s, died Monday in Miami. Yahweh, 71, died of prostate cancer in his sleep, his lawyers said. He had preached racial and religious separatism from his fortress-like Temple of Love in Liberty City, once telling his followers that white people were terrorists and that unbelievers were devils. Yahweh was suspected in 20 homicides but convicted only on a single conspiracy charge. He served 11 years of an 18-year federal prison sentence. At his death, his lawyers had succeeded in throwing off the final constraints of the prison system -- his parole term -- because his cancer had metastasized. ''He died a free man,'' said lawyer Jayne Weintraub. Born Hulon Mitchell Jr. in Oklahoma, the preacher and activist moved to South Florida in 1978 and changed his name to Yahweh Ben Yahweh, translated as ``God, son of God.'' According to a book on Yahweh written by former Miami Herald reporter Sydney P. Freedberg, Yahweh was the oldest child of a minister. He joined the Nation of Islam, then turned up in Orlando as ''Brother Love'' and finally found fertile ground among Miami's poor and black. Charming and well-spoken, Yahweh opened his temple in 1981, as racial tensions simmered from riots a year earlier that had been triggered by the police-beating death of a black motorcyclist. Yahweh provided a progressive new voice, promoting self-reliance to blacks and offering them an economic path to prosperity within the brotherhood of the temple. Turbaned and bejeweled, with flowing white robes, Yahweh won thousands of followers nationwide as a modern-day prophet who said he would lead Hebrew Israelites to the ancient Promised Land. And he made inner-city Miami the center of the Yahweh universe, with Yahweh markets, hotels, restaurants, apartment buildings and beauty parlors -- most painted pristine white, his signature color. The Yahweh temple, a massive 15,000-square-foot building on Northwest 62nd Street, included a school, restaurant, boutique, beauty salon and food cooperative selling fresh fish and vegetables. Yahweh followers sold Yahweh baby shampoo and Yahweh cocoa butter, door-to-door.

More

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Wow!

Yahweh Ben Yahweh had a mission and a plan!

How in the world does someone get suspected/accused for 20 (not 1) murders and ain't nobody got no proof? Yet they still manage to lock him up for conspiracy.

I tell ya, they will crawl in a dogs butt if they thought some evidence was there, when it come to a Black Man with some power.

REST IN PEACE MR. Yahweh Ben Yahweh!

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    man...his shows early in the morning made my day...the world will miss this cat...it's a shame that more black people don't know who he was or what he represented....

one love
    khasm

4. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I've been labaeed a conspiracy theorist in the past, but progressive Black leaders succumbing to "sudden" illnesses and being tried for unsubstantiated crimes has an aire of suspicion. I'll have to do my homework on it. "Investigating" cases like this keep me online :)

May he rest in peace :angel1:

Peace

5. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

The Nation of Yahweh was well aware of the us govts "conspiracy" against them and labeled this process Operation Word War.

The nation was targeted under RICO statues and were blocked form migrating to Israel (this conspiracy was also known as Project Megiddo).

check the website:
    http://www.yahwehbenyahweh.com

6. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I wonder if the public was aware of the conspiracy rumors to disband them. I know the Seeds (?Seas?) of David were conspired against and made out to be terrorists. It's interesting how some say Blacks are the "Lost tribe" of Israel, and were, ironically, forbidden to emigrate. WOW, I learn a lot on these forums. I'll definately peep that link. I guess that means beefed up Law Enforcement tactics employed on all Black organizations.

Peace

7. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace to the God..............