Black Spirituality Religion : Xmas trivia

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
It's not too early to mention Christmas. Many do not celebrate this day, because of its commercial relevance. Many do not recognize this day because it has pagan ties. Many do not celebrate this day because it has religious relevance. Many do not celebrate this day because it still has related facts contested to this day. Regardless of your beliefs or your reasons for not celebrating this day. It is with us yearly.

I didn't know there was contested facts that Jesus was probably born in a cave, instead of a stable.

It is a shame that even the gospel isn't free of corrupt minds and hands of man.

When you go to Bethlehem to visit where Jesus was born. They take you to a cave.

============
http://churches.wcg.org/ilocandia-ph/FYI/areacoord/stable.htm

WAS JESUS BORN IN A STABLE?
by Harry Bilyeu, D.Min.

Crowded though it may have been, Jesus was born in a house. Since we know from archaeology and history the greater number of the homes of first century Bethlehem were hewn out of the rock caves that have always been so abundant in the area, it was probably a cave house.

Almost certainly Jesus was born in the house of relatives, very possibly that of an uncle, auntie or even grandparents. Because of the crowded conditions a feeding trough for the family animals was cleaned out, laid with fresh, clean hay and Jesus placed warmly inside.

What does this say to us? That Jesus was born in such a way that we can all relate to having access to Him. He was not born in a castle or a temple where only the wealthy, the noble and the religious could have access to Him. Those we call the wise men were certainly wealthy, respected and well known throughout the region. But the lowly shepherds had access to Him as well.

==============
Brain Candy

Xmas trivia

http://www.corsinet.com/braincandy/xmastrivia.html

Jesus Christ, son of Mary, was born in a cave, not in a wooden stable. Caves were used to keep animals in because of the intense heat. A large church is now built over the cave, and people can go down inside the cave. The carpenters of Jesus' day were really stone cutters. Wood was not used as widely as it is today. So whenever you see a Christmas nativity scene with a wooden stable -- that's the "American" version, not the Biblical one.

============

The "Twelve Days of Christmas" was originally written to help Catholic children, in England, remember different articles of faith during the persecution by Protestant Monarchs. The "true love" represented God, and the gifts all different ideas:

The "Partridge in a pear tree" was Christ.
2 Turtle Doves = The Old and New Testaments
3 French Hens = Faith, Hope and Charity-- the Theological Virtues
4 Calling Birds = the Four Gospels and/or the Four Evangelists
5 Golden Rings = The first Five Books of the Old Testament, the "Pentateuch", which relays the history of man's fall from grace.
6 Geese A-laying = the six days of Creation
7 Swans A-swimming = the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit, the seven sacraments
8 Maids A-milking = the eight beatitudes
9 Ladies Dancing = the nine Fruits of the Holy Spirit
10 Lords A-leaping = the ten commandments
11 Pipers Piping = the eleven faithful apostles
12 Drummers Drumming = the twelve points of doctrine in the Apostle's Creed

============

Christmas was once a moveable feast celebrated at many different times during the year. The choice of December 25, was made by Pope Julius I, in the 4th century A.D., because this coincided with the pagan rituals of Winter Solstice, or Return of the Sun. The intent was to replace the pagan celebration with the Christian one.

============

This is the true birth recording of Immanuel.

Isa:8:3: And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the LORD to me, Call his name Maher-shalal-hash-baz.

I say it is the true record because GOD HIMSELF is Witness, Committing to Action and Speaking. Thus for people who believe in GOD and GOD only to us GOD is Verifying the record.

All of that other stuff is lies, elusions and the work of the wicked.

Music Producer said:
This is the true birth recording of Immanuel.
That is a lie.

Music Producer said:
Isaiah 8:3 - And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the LORD to me, Call his name Maher-shalal-hash-baz.
According to the Contemporary English Version of the KJV, Isaiah wrote the following, under the heading, "A Warning and a Hope," beginning with chapter 8, verse 1:

"The Lord said, 'Isaiah, get something to write on. Then write in big, clear letters the name MAHER-SHALAL-HASH-BAZ. I will have Uriah the priest and Zechariah, son of Jeberechiah serve as witnesses to this.'"

The name MAHER-SHALAL-HASH-BAZ is Hebrew and it means "suddenly attacked, quickly taken." No relation at all with Immanuel, as you so feebly attempt to have us believe...

Music Producer said:
I say it is the true record because GOD HIMSELF is Witness, Committing to Action and Speaking. Thus for people who believe in GOD and GOD only to us GOD is Verifying the record.
Baloney...

Music Producer said:
All of that other stuff is lies, elusions and the work of the wicked.
You lie everytime you post...:laugh:

Man.. I got to start haning around y'all.... Now, I knew that certain things about Christianity were "made up? if you will. I recently read the history of the Vatican.. can't remember the name of the book. But it's not relevent at the moment. I have a long list of books toread about these things. Brother Aqil, if you could add me to your email list, and send some resources/website/book titles my way, as well as an essay or 2, I'd appreciate it.

You are also a Muslim, are you not? So how do Muslims, in general, view "Christian" holidays such as this?

And (Brother?) Hodee, thank you for posting those articles sites.. I will be sure to visit them.....

toylin said:
Man.. I got to start haning around y'all.... Now, I knew that certain things about Christianity were "made up? if you will. I recently read the history of the Vatican..

Vatican His story= World Domination

There are SO MANY relics and ancient artifacts locked away in the Vatican that deals with OURSTORY and who we are and what we have and WILL accomplish on this Planet.... Well, you read the book so you already know.

Hotep

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back