Black People : Wy Is the US Importing Oranges From South Africa?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Aug 18, 2011.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    That's what the man told me.

There were two bins of oranges. One with home grown oranges for a dollar a piece and the other the grocer told me was from South Africa for 86 cents.

The US has been destroying the good supply in Africa for centuries and now we have to import oranges from them? Poetic justice?

But wait a minute, the people in Africa are supposed to be starving. Why is their government selling food to the United States?

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peace

- I want to ask that grocer why he's segregating his oranges...lol

I think the answer though can be found in the 'who runs america' thread...

3. asmith161718

asmith161718 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +158
    Africa is not a country. Not everyone in Africa is starving. There is famine in the country of Somalia. Foreign governments have purchased land in Africa mainly because their land is not producing enough food.

4. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    maybe cause its cheaper?

idk

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    how can one speak of Africation, and deny Black farmers Afro American dolars, but it is OK for negros to purchase gold and diamonds from white folks there?

How can anyone speak about Pan Africanism unles we buy ant way we can from our sister and brother back home?

Let's face te facts, with SAs objection to the US and NATO involvement in Libya does anyone expect,
    US and AFRICOM to allow any aid from SA to the now US, former Russian colony Somalia?

6. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    These are interesting observations.

I recognize that Africa is a continent and not a single country. Just like a neighborhood is makde up of many houses each with it's own rules and ways of doing things. But can a house catch fire and the people next door act like it's not there problem. Soon the whole neighborhood will burn dow one house at a time.

Where do Black farmers sell their food? The grocer may have told me his oranges came from South Africa, (do the Blacks in SA control the food supply?) but I dount it very seriously that they would tell us they got something from an African-American farmer.

[email protected]^5

7. bingiedred

bingiedred Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +242
    Its mostly white farmers actually, but that is in the process of changing now.

Malema Says South Africa Must Take Back Land Without Compensation

SA must take back land without paying: Malema

Saturday, 18 June 2011 01:00

South Africans must take back the land that belongs to them without paying for it, African National Congress Youth League leader Julius Malema said in Cape Town on Tuesday.

"Willing-buyer, willing-seller is not an alternative . . . The alternative from the youth league is that we take the land without paying. That is what we are proposing," he told the league's provincial council at the

University of the Western Cape. While black South Africans had forgiven the previous regime for apartheid, he did not understand why they had to pay for what belonged to them.

"They never bought the land, they stole the land. They did not only steal the land, they converted the owners of the land into slaves . . . now we must pay for that with the willing-buyer, willing-seller.

"He was speaking ahead of the league's 24th national congress, which started in Midrand on Thursday. Delegates were expected to push for the nationalisation of the mines and land redistribution.

The country's land reform programme is a sore point for government and little progress has been made in the 15 years since the end of apartheid. - Sapa/Mail and Guardian.

youtube com/watch?v=A0N9maUtvx4

8. gogounited

gogounited Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +358
    I saw those oranges in the supermarket here and purchased them, happy to get some citrus that hasn't been tainted by the Fukushima incident. I won't buy California and Canadian fruits and veggies, but will buy anything from Chile, Mexico, S. Africa, Ecuador and the like.

Calcium bentonite clay is your friend if you live anywhere on the West coast.