Black People : Writing skills increased with forum communication?

soulsearcher

BANNED
Nov 6, 2005
There are some that dismiss message board communication as being a pastime that doesn't exercise the mind. However, looking at some of the debates here, there are several members with really good writing skills. And as long as things are presented in a respectful manner (no personal attacks or what not), even opposing opinions can allow one to understand/ponder more the other side when written well.

Do you believe communication here has improved your writing ability? Is it more intellectual than if members were in real life just talking or do you believe about the same?

Interesting Point.

soulsearcher said:
There are some that dismiss message board communication as being a pastime that doesn't exercise the mind. However, looking at some of the debates here, there are several members with really good writing skills. And as long as things are presented in a respectful manner (no personal attacks or what not), even opposing opinions can allow one to understand/ponder more the other side when written well.

Do you believe communication here has improved your writing ability? Is it more intellectual than if members were in real life just talking or do you believe about the same?

I have found that regular posting on message boards have forced me to focus on my writing much more than I would have otherwise, even though I regularly write poetry.

Like poetry the message boards are also therapeutic for venting your anger which is why some posters always seem focused on having a fight rather than actually rationally debating the topic.

I must admit that regularly dealing with current issues leaves me a long way in front of most in public discussions or debates.

In a public debating forum the allegedly left wing Paleface speaker was berating China's human rights record as exemplified by their brutal killing of the cream of their youth at Tiannemen Square.

I enquire as to which other Intelligenstsia apart from China's was administrating 1.2 billion people with less than 1/2 of the USA'S GDP and Wealth, who are currently in fiscal surplus in contrast to G W Bush's cretins generating the biggest deficit since records began.

After an hour I realised that this supposedly ultra-left wing Paleface was in fact a facist agent who didn't even know where to begin to address this question, thus he dived for cover by discussing everything but this particular point, despite my reminders.

I think this forum has made me realize the value of good writing skills and getting your message across in a clear and concise manner so that there isn't a misunderstanding to what you are trying to imply. There are quite a few intellectual people here and I don't post as much as I would like because I'm intimidated by them! Not to mention I'm young and inexperinced anyway, lol. But well, I find I do have things to say from time to time, and hope that I learn something new through discussion and sharing of opinions. In a nondestructive manner of course.

Sodwn2earth said:
I think this forum has made me realize the value of good writing skills and getting your message across in a clear and concise manner so that there isn't a misunderstanding to what you are trying to imply. There are quite a few intellectual people here and I don't post as much as I would like because I'm intimidated by them! Not to mention I'm young and inexperinced anyway, lol. But well, I find I do have things to say from time to time, and hope that I learn something new through discussion and sharing of opinions. In a nondestructive manner of course.

You've done a fine job of writing and expressing yourself here sister!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back