WRITERS WORKSHOP

This may be selfish to state, but the situation is good for me, because I will be on vacation and no class means, I won't fall any farther behind than I have, since I've missed so much already. Though for the sake of progress, I do pray the tech difficulties are resolved soon.

Do you have an e-mail address that I can contact you?

Enjoy your weekend.
Coco

sistah Coco - ur enthusiasm 4 writing warms my heart. i was especially sorry my system wouldn't function properly when u were 1st able 2 join us n Destee chat - but i was unable 2 resolve it.

sorry 2 say, even after deleting & reinstalling adobe flash player, i'm still unable 2 stay n chat mor than 2 minutes. i look 4ward 2 hving u n writers workshop as soon as these tech difficulties can b cleared up.

feel free 2 email me: alkebulan47@yahoo.com - please put "WRITERS WORKSHOP" n ur subject line, so i don't accidentally delete it.

thank u so much 4 ur continued interest

:)

update

1st the bad news: it doesn't look like i will b able 2 conduct writers workshop n the destee chat room, as i still cannot manage 2 stay n the room. as soon as i type anything, my screen freezes & my keyboard locks up. i hv determined that it is a flash player issue, & not my pc n general - but i am no closer 2 a solution.

i suspect that only w the purchase of a new system will i b able 2 participate n destee chat @ all, & that probably won't happen till the end of the year.

however, i've thot of another manner n which the workshop can still b held. those wishing to participate will need yahoo messenger & will nd 2 add my yahoo handle (alkebulan47) to their 'buddy list'. we can have a yahoo conference, as my system still works find in yahoo. the text portions would still b posted @ destee as would the assignments. i'm willing to continue w the workshops n this manner until i get my next system. f any1 is interested n participating n the workshop this way, please post a response n this thread.

meantime, we can still write individual critique's of submissions which r posted here, should any1 hv such, & wish to submit a piece.

i remain open to other suggestions

cancellation of class

it is w deep sorrow that i must announce, it is unlikely that i will b able 2 take advantage of the privilege of hosting the writers workshop again n the near future.

due to a contract dispute (not my fault), i decided to leave my (this is 4 sister Destee's sake) "pretend" job. my new "pretend" job requires a gr8 deal of "make believe" traveling to "imaginary" places all over the country, & occasionally, outside the country as well. naturally, i will b scheduling additional 'medication' time (aka, hittin the bottle) & that will leave me scant time to prepare for, let alone attend & participate n writers workshop - much as i would like to. :SuN008:

i still owe a debt of gratitude to sister Destee 4 all her sweet encouragement & assistance n setting up & supporting the workshop.

i will still visit whenever my "pretend" job allows & i'm back n town, & once i get a new PC, i hope 2 sit n on chat as well.

greetings brothers & sisters:

i hv received several emails asking about further wkshop's. thnax 4 all the luv - however, i am on the road, traveling around the country rite now & don't yet hv a laptop@ my disposal. upon my return home, i will update this column. i hope every1 keeps writing away n the meantime.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back