Black Sports : Wright vs. Mayweather a Reality?

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by panafrica, Jul 19, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://www.fightnews.com

I don't know about this. It is a huge jump from Jr. Lightweight to Jr. Middleweight. I think Mayweather might be making a mistake, if Winky was a bigger puncher....since he isn't, I think this will be an intriguing matchup!

2. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    I dont know if Mayweather should take this fight against winky maybe against another jr middleweight but not Winky. Mayweather might be going to far but this would be a great fight for the fans. I would buy this fight

3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I think it might be an intriguing match up, speed vs defense. Although Winky saw this before (Shane Mosley) and won. I do think that Floyd is a better boxer than Shane Mosley, and certainly wouldn't look to knock Winky out (as Shane Mosley foolishly did). Thus as a battle of boxer vs. boxer it definately would be entertaining.

P.S. Floyd would be jumping from Jr. Welterweight, not Jr. Lightweight...but it is still a big leap.

4. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I know that Floyd has great boxing skills and that at this point he may be able to outbox a lot of these guys but there are some things you just don't do...and moving up in weight without the weight coming naturally is one of them.

I think Floyd should clean up the Jr. Welterweight division first. There are some good fights with big money there with Ricky Hatton and Cotto. Then, move up to Welterweight and Jr. Middleweight. But, to jump to Jr. Middleweight and fight someone who is fighting at Middleweight...smh. I don't care for that.

I also like the idea of Floyd staying active by fighting those guys in the lower divisions as he's moving up...of course, assuming those fights can be made with few hitches. It keeps Floyd active and he can gain the weight naturally...bringing along his speed, hopefully.

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    More trash talk from Mayweather

http://www.boxingtalk.net

6. Monetary

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Pan, are you registered on this site? I can't read the rest of the article unless I register. smh

I think they're trying to instigate a fight between those two. Floyd needs to be careful to not get lured into any fights that may not be in his best interests. I hope his Dad and Uncle are sitting him down and talking to him about the slippery tongue of the media.

Don't get me wrong. But, I would think that some reporter calling me and telling me what some fighter or fighters have said that they'll do to me is suspect.

Floyd, be careful, bruh.

7. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    That is a pay site brother Monetary, unfortunately I can only post & copy the exerpts.

8. Monetary

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Ok, bruh. I thought you had a subscription. If this is true, then it will surface in the other news outlets soon.

Thanks for the excerpt though. Dapz.