Black Spirituality Religion : Wrestle with God=Jacob's Pineal Gland

...but be prepared to receive other views.

I'm sure he was well aware and in the the know that a Christian would have differing views to what those scriptures refer to. No Christian would be in agreement with him no matter what evidence was presented to support the view. Even if Yahshua/Jesus (whatever name he goes by these days) tomb was found tomorrow - christians would still not believe it. That is the whole point of the Christian faith. Faith.

You could just let it be..... you knew by the title alone you was not going to be open to any other interpretations. Instead you entered the thread with the Bible in one hand and a pack of colored highlighters in the other. Seems pretty argumentative to me; disguised as debate.

I'm sure he was well aware and in the the know that a Christian would have differing views to what those scriptures refer to. No Christian would be in agreement with him no matter what evidence was presented to support the view. Even if Yahshua/Jesus (whatever name he goes by these days) tomb was found tomorrow - christians would still not believe it. That is the whole point of the Christian faith. Faith.

Of course he is AWARE that a Christian would have a different view....THAT is NOT the crux of the matter between him and me. ---The "rub" of this is that, obviously, he has a problem with a Christian VOICING those differing views.

You could just let it be..... you knew by the title alone you was not going to be open to any other interpretations.

But, of course!....Again, you are missing my point here....ANY thread or post which concerns/quotes the Bible CONTRARY to what it teaches is subject to REBUTTAL from ME or any other Christian. ---They don't have to LIKE it any more than I like their views but I have the RIGHT to express my views in the OPEN FORUMS. ---I'm not trying to "CONVERT" anybody. And, "Just like a tree planted by the water-side, I SHALL NOT BE MOVED" either.

Instead you entered the thread with the Bible in one hand and a pack of colored highlighters in the other.

lol....I like that one!...That was funny! --- Heyyy, I gotta be ME! :D :lol:

Seems pretty argumentative to me; disguised as debate.

No, not "argumentative."---The very nature of discussion/debate is agree/disagree, pro/con, for/against, etc..

ANY member here, self-included, is subject to have his/her statements rebutted in the OPEN FORUMS.

But, in NO THREAD or post which I have made in the OPEN FORUMS have I EVER told another member that he or she couldn't or shouldn't challenge me on what I said/believe.

ONLY in the Christianity Forum have I informed other members that THEIR views AGAINST the Bible are inappropriate because THAT FORUM is NOT OPEN to COMBATIVE debate.

Of course he is AWARE that a Christian would have a different view....THAT is NOT the crux of the matter between him and me. ---The "rub" of this is that, obviously, he has a problem with a Christian VOICING those differing views.

But, of course!....Again, you are missing my point here....ANY thread or post which concerns/quotes the Bible CONTRARY to what it teaches is subject to REBUTTAL from ME or any other Christian. ---They don't have to LIKE it any more than I like their views but I have the RIGHT to express my views in the OPEN FORUMS. ---I'm not trying to "CONVERT" anybody. And, "Just like a tree planted by the water-side, I SHALL NOT BE MOVED" either.

No, not "argumentative."---The very nature of discussion/debate is agree/disagree, pro/con, for/against, etc..

ANY member here, self-included, is subject to have his/her statements rebutted in the OPEN FORUMS.

But, in NO THREAD or post which I have made in the OPEN FORUMS have I EVER told another member that he or she couldn't or shouldn't challenge me on what I said/believe.

ONLY in the Christianity Forum have I informed other members that THEIR views AGAINST the Bible are inappropriate because THAT FORUM is NOT OPEN to COMBATIVE debate.

It is the crux because you knew full well before even entering the thread that you were never going to agree therefore where is this debate that was going to take place? lol Christians and Pineal glands don't mix lol fact. If a piece of papyrus was found tomorrow that lent credence to the pineal interpretation - Christians would still dismiss it. You could have just kept it moving. But you can't keep it moving, can you? It just isn't in the Holy spirits nature to keep it moving. You seen the title and the Holy spirit just sent shock waves through your body like ''What? The Pineal Gland and The Bible in the same sentence?!!!!?!!?!!'' From then on it was on, you prepared for battle lol. You being one of the more established members I imagine you would have gotten bored of these debates but I guess thats just another great feature of the Holy spirit lol. Never getting bored!

Must admit I liked your responses and how you went back to the Hebrew and shown what the words meant. Informative unlike a few Christians who just quote and ram the bible down your throat. Nothing more annoying than a Christian who can hold her own and you held it pretty well I must admit lol (joke). Open thread or not though....I still think you could sometimes.... for the sake of the thread....keep it moving....but thats just me.

It is the crux because you knew full well before even entering the thread that you were never going to agree therefore where is this debate that was going to take place? lol Christians and Pineal glands don't mix lol fact. If a piece of papyrus was found tomorrow that lent credence to the pineal interpretation - Christians would still dismiss it. You could have just kept it moving. But you can't keep it moving, can you? It just isn't in the Holy spirits nature to keep it moving. You seen the title and the Holy spirit just sent shock waves through your body like ''What? The Pineal Gland and The Bible in the same sentence?!!!!?!!?!!'' From then on it was on, you prepared for battle lol. You being one of the more established members I imagine you would have gotten bored of these debates but I guess thats just another great feature of the Holy spirit lol. Never getting bored!

Must admit I liked your responses and how you went back to the Hebrew and shown what the words meant. Informative unlike a few Christians who just quote and ram the bible down your throat. Nothing more annoying than a Christian who can hold her own and you held it pretty well I must admit lol (joke). Open thread or not though....I still think you could sometimes.... for the sake of the thread....keep it moving....but thats just me.

And, SOMETIMES, I do "let it go." ...Sometimes, I just smh and go on. I've been a member here for over 3 years. So, No, I don't respond to EVERY thread I've seen against the Bible.

But, when I do respond, yes, "I'M ALL IN."

Yes, when it comes to the Bible, "I'm down for mine!"

And thank you for the compliment. I mean that sincerely.

However, YOU seem to think that my exchanges about the Bible are SOLELY about MY beliefs VERSUS another's.

But, you see, it's NOT about ME.

RIGHT NOW, there are NINE VISIBLE MEMBERS, TWO HIDDEN MEMBERS and 382 GUESTS viewing this site.

Currently, THIS THREAD has 311 VIEWS.

So, there are OTHERS who are reading this. Just as there are those who will agree with Shems Nbedjer and others about the Bible and the Pineal Gland or other threads against the Bible, there are also others who will read my posts defending/supporting/explaining the Bible who may be "enlightened" to the Word of God.

Just as I rendered the HEBREW, there may be others who will be prompted to do the same and look deeper/STUDY the Bible for what they do not understand....looking up the Greek or Hebrew.... idioms...parables...parallelism, etc.. in the Bible.

Destee expressed it best:

I have said many times over the years, that we never know who is being impacted by our words. We are oftentimes engaged in a heated discussion with particular individuals, focused solely on them, when it is the intent of the universe for someone else, outside the discussion, to be moved by it. This is one of the great benefits of having these kinds of open discussions, never knowing who is listening, reading, and being moved by what you say. They may never tell you that what you said changed their life, turned them around, helped them see things differently, moved them away from danger and destruction, and put them on a path of self-empowerment and opportunistic situations!. You may never know your words had such a profound impact on another! So while we often appear to be caught up with the ones we're talking with, we could actually be influencing many, by just simply having these discussions available for everyone to hear and read. Your opinion alone, may be the very thing that saves someone's life, literally or figuratively, so please, don't be afraid to share it!
http://destee.com/index.php?threads/the-intimidation-of-this-community.54236/

Ouch! I had to bite my tongue so hard on that one that it hurt. The protected status Christians enjoy in the Christian 'Study' forum is a sore point with me.

In the real world, they hide behind the State. Here, they hide behind Mama Destee's skirts in the foxhole she has allowed them to dig into in their Christian 'Study' Group.

Are you sure you really wanna open yourself up to my attacks out here beyond the DMZ? I got about two or three months worth of material I been holding back on ...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back