Black Spirituality Religion : Wrestle with God=Jacob's Pineal Gland

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Shems Nbedjer, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Shems Nbedjer

Shems Nbedjer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
    Please disregard this thread.

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Correction: That verse is found in Gen. 32:30.

However, in Hebrew, "Peniel" or "Penuel" means "face of God" or "faces God."

3. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    This verse can be better understood by absorbing it in its wider context.--- Jesus is not speaking of a literal "eye" nor the Pineal Gland.

Jesus/Yeshu is speaking of the HEART and being more concerned with pleasing and obeying God than with physical assets/"treasures."

Do remember that the New Testament is translated from GREEK to ENGLISH but JESUS would have been speaking in either HEBREW or ARAMAIC.

And, in the HEBREW language, IDIOMS and PARALLELISM is often used.---So, Yeshua/Jesus would have been using His language(s) and the SYNTAX/SEMANTICS of His language(s).

Having a "GOOD EYE" or an "EVIL EYE" is found in the Hebrew language/culture to describe one's HEART.

Also in this verse, a "bountiful eye" is not the Pineal Gland.-- But, one has a "bountiful" or "GOOD EYE/GOOD HEART" when he/she gives to the poor. Of course, the "Pineal Gland" has nothing to do with "GIVING TO THE POOR." >>>>

And even here, an "EVIL EYE" is also NOT the Pineal Gland.>>

Notice how all of these verses concern/RELATE TO what kind of HEART a person has? Notice the PARALLELISM between "EYE" and "HEART?"

4. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Again, a broader context is required to better understand the "spirit of this scripture." SAME CHAPTER >>>

In Hebrew this place is rendered "Machanayim" which means "two camps, the plural form of "Machaneh," meaning "camp."
    ---What TWO camps did Jacob mean?...ONE "camp" for him and his people and another "camp" for the Angels of God who were with him. ---No, "Pineal Gland" connection here either.

So, when the "man" wrestled with him, Jacob knew he was no "ordinary man." Jacob knew the "man" could have subdued him at any time when the "man" TOUCHED him and shrank the muscle of his thigh which gave Jacob a LIMP. >>>

The name Jacob means "supplanter"/heel-puller/deceiver because he grabbed his twin brother Esau's heel in the womb and made Esau trade his "birth-right" for some food. AND he deceived his father, Isaac, into believing he was
    Esau in order to get Esau's blessing. >>>

Jacob even asked the "man" his name; but the "man," essentially, told him, "Why are you asking me my name when you already know who I am?"

And Jacob's new name, Yisrael/Israel means "God strives/rules" because the "man" actually WON the wrestling match and JACOB LOST by giving up his lying, deceitful ways.

and the LIMP was a reminder of how Jacob lost the wrestling match.

....and Jacob KNEW that the "man" could have done much worse to him if the "man" had wanted to kill him. >>>

5. Shems Nbedjer

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
    Please disregard this thread like it never existed

6. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Shems Nbedjer, And I appreciate you appreciating me.
    However, this thread is open to anyone of any belief to agree or disagree with your views.

Yes, I am quite aware of this. The Bible is also composed of and translated from two languages: Hebrew and Greek. So, words that some readers (like you) would affix present-day meanings to actually mean something different in their original languages and the English translators of the Bible used words common to the vocabulary of their language and time.

So, again, many words that a present-day reader (like you) would define by present-day English actually mean something different in the original languages of the Bible, Hebrew or Greek, as well as in the English of the translators' vocabulary.

Well, if YOU can post verses from the Bible, why can't I? :10500:

No, you did not literally ASK me about the Bible; but by YOU QUOTING the Bible and attempting to interpret what YOU think it means, by default, as a Christian-believer, I am to explain it.

...Not trying to rude either; but YOU "THUMPED" the Bible all throughout your post.

YOU gave verses from Genesis about Jacob.
    YOU cherry-picked a verse from Jesus in the book of Matthew.
    YOU referenced Paul's journey to Damascus and verses from him.
    Well, unlike you, I will not presume to tell YOU what YOU can "feel free to talk about."

But, I will ask you this:

If YOUR purpose for this thread is to discuss the "spirituality" of the PINEAL GLAND, then WHY must YOU connect/adhere the PINEAL GLAND to the BIBLE in order to do so?

If YOU do not wish for any Christian, like ME, to enter this thread about the PINEAL GLAND, then WHY is it PERMISSIBLE for YOU to QUOTE the BIBLE but a CHRISTIAN (like ME) can not?

Can you see the blatant DUPLICITY in such a stance/view?

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/using-the-bible-quran-etc-but-not-christian-or-muslim.57302/
    Sincerely,
    Cherryblossom.

7. Shems Nbedjer

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
    Please disregard this thread

8. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Good to hear it that you "checked me out."---And, no "negative energy" is present on my part.---However, again, if the purpose and subject of this thread is about the "PINEAL GLAND," then why is 90% of your OP about the Bible?

You see, there is not ONE set of rules for YOU and another for ME.
    You can't have it BOTH ways:
    (A) to QUOTE/INTERPRET Bible verses
    (B) But, be opposed to a Christian countering your statements about the Bible.

Why is that your post appears incapable of discussing the "PINEAL GLAND" without using another subject (the Bible) as a "back-drop" to support your views about the "Pineal Gland?"

Can the "Pineal Gland" NOT stand on its own without "help" from the Bible??

You see, your entire OP presents itself NOT solely about the "PINEAL GLAND" but how the BIBLE "talks" about the "Pineal Gland."

So, as a Bible-believer, I have every right to, respectfully, counter your statements about the BIBLE in this OPEN FORUM.

SURE you can!....And, again, any poster can agree or DISAGREE with YOUR "INTERPRETATIONS" of the BIBLE.

My "energy" here IS "POSITIVE."---I am positively defending/supporting the text (the Bible) which I believe in.

However, my belief system is counter to your "interpretations" of the Bible.

Really, I didn't "attack" you in any way. No, to support my beliefs, I provided MORE of the CONTEXT of the very Bible verses YOU picked to support YOUR views.

I provided OTHER Bible countering verses which RELATED TO the very Bible verses YOU picked to support your views.

But, because I did so, YOU, seemingly, want to cry, "FOUL!" because I disagreed/REBUTTED your "interpretations" of the those Bible verses.

Again, Brother, you can't have it BOTH ways.

ANY member here can, RESPECTFULLY, disagree with you.

And I did so.

...And, thanks for the "tip" about "moon child."

Thanks for the reference. I just might review your thread.....Here's one for YOU which discusses the dynamics and atmosphere of the OPEN DISCUSSION FORUMS:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/the-intimidation-of-this-community.54236/

*** And, in addition to "checking ME out," you could also "check out" the numerous OTHER threads here about the "PINEAL GLAND." These posters were largely, if not completely, capable of discussing the PINEAL GLAND without ATTACHING the BIBLE to their views. >>>
    1. [​IMG]

Thread

Black Spirituality Religion : Revisiting the Pineal Gland
      Thread by: istlota, Aug 8, 2012, 10 replies, in forum: Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion
    2. [​IMG]

Thread

Fluoride and the Pineal Gland
      Thread by: tyab14, May 31, 2008, 8 replies, in forum: Black Health Beauty
    3. [​IMG]

Thread

Black People : Pineal Gland calcification.
      Thread by: I-khan, Mar 2, 2008, 0 replies, in forum: Black People Open Forum
    4. [​IMG]

Thread

Black People : Hyperborea, The Pineal Gland, The Spear of Destiny
      Thread by: I-khan, Jan 18, 2008, 21 replies, in forum: Black People Open Forum
    5. [​IMG]

Thread

Black Spirituality Religion : Calcified Pineal Gland
      Thread by: mystic1974, Sep 16, 2005, 53 replies, in forum: Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion

9. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Yes, Paul does explain that the "children of the seed" are not all Israelites but all those who accept Christ. --Accepting Christ IS that "spiritual definition."

10. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Acts.9:
    [1] And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
    [2] And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
    [3] And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
    [4] And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
    [5] And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
    [6] And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
    [7] And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
    [8] And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
    [9] And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jacob and the pineal gland