Black Spirituality Religion : Wrestle with God=Jacob's Pineal Gland

And Jacob called the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” (Gen 28:30).

... It all has to do with the word “Peniel.” Verse thirty already told us that Peniel was the name Jacob gave the place where the wrestling match with God happened...

There is a special gland that sits at the center of the brain called the Pineal gland. In ancient cultures it was known as the “third eye.” It is known as an eye because the Pineal gland in your brain has a special relationship to light. Just like the retina of your physical eyes, the Pineal gland also contains light-sensitive cells. In fact, they are similar to some of the cells that make up the retina.

Correction: That verse is found in Gen. 32:30.

However, in Hebrew, "Peniel" or "Penuel" means "face of God" or "faces God."

lex.gif

panim or paneh: face, faces
Original Word: פָּנִים
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: panim or paneh
Phonetic Spelling: (paw-neem')
Short Definition: before

nas.gif

Word Origin
from panah
Definition
face, faces

el: God, in pl. gods
Original Word: אֵל
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: el
Phonetic Spelling: (ale)
Short Definition: God

Penuel: "face of God," a place East of the Jordan, also two Israelites
Original Word: פְּנוּאֵל
Part of Speech: proper name; location; masculine a.
Transliteration: Penuel
Phonetic Spelling: (pen-oo-ale')
Short Definition: Penuel

nas.gif

Word Origin
from panim and el
http://biblesuite.com/hebrew/6439.htm

I now want you to dwell on a very important quote by Jesus given in Matthew so that you understand how serious this is:

“…The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.” (Matthew 6:22).

Jesus is not talking about the two eyes that you see the physical world with. Rather, he is talking about your Pineal gland, or what ancient cultures called the “third eye!” Jesus refers to this as a single eye because the pineal gland would not have a left and right hemisphere like your brain.

This verse can be better understood by absorbing it in its wider context.--- Jesus is not speaking of a literal "eye" nor the Pineal Gland.

Jesus/Yeshu is speaking of the HEART and being more concerned with pleasing and obeying God than with physical assets/"treasures."

Do remember that the New Testament is translated from GREEK to ENGLISH but JESUS would have been speaking in either HEBREW or ARAMAIC.

And, in the HEBREW language, IDIOMS and PARALLELISM is often used.---So, Yeshua/Jesus would have been using His language(s) and the SYNTAX/SEMANTICS of His language(s).

Having a "GOOD EYE" or an "EVIL EYE" is found in the Hebrew language/culture to describe one's HEART.

Matt. 6:
[19] Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
[20] But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
[21] For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
[22] The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
[23] But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
[24] No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Also in this verse, a "bountiful eye" is not the Pineal Gland.-- But, one has a "bountiful" or "GOOD EYE/GOOD HEART" when he/she gives to the poor. Of course, the "Pineal Gland" has nothing to do with "GIVING TO THE POOR." >>>>

Proverbs 22:
[9] He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor.

And even here, an "EVIL EYE" is also NOT the Pineal Gland.>>

Deut. 15:
[9] Beware that there be not a thought in thy wicked heart, saying, The seventh year, the year of release, is at hand; and thine eye be evil against thy poor brother, and thou givest him nought; and he cry unto the LORD against thee, and it be sin unto thee.

Notice how all of these verses concern/RELATE TO what kind of HEART a person has? Notice the PARALLELISM between "EYE" and "HEART?"

Let’s dive into the wrestling match of Jacob and God in Genesis to understand what I mean. Jacob’s wrestling match with God takes place near the end of Genesis chapter 32. Jacob is in the process of returning to the land God promised Abraham. At one point in the journey, Jacob divides up his family and animals into different companies and sends them ahead while he stays back on one side of a creek. He is completely alone. According to the Biblical story, something strange happens that night; a mysterious man wrestles with him until daybreak. But who is this mystery man and where did he come from? The story gets even stranger. This mystery man could not beat Jacob at the wrestling match, but he is able to dislocate Jacob’s thigh. This same man then tries to leave once morning comes, but Jacob doesn’t let him, at least not until he gets a blessing from the man. When all is said and done, the man tells Jacob that “…Thy name shall no more be called Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and has prevailed.” (Gen 32:28).

Here we get our first hint that the mystery man is God himself. The fact that the Biblical author means the mystery man to be God is revealed two verses later:

“And Jacob called the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” (Gen 28:30). (Gen. 32:30)

A couple of things to note here: first we see that the mystery man Jacob wrestled with is God himself. Second we see that Jacob prevailed in the struggle with God. If we think about all of this literally, it makes no sense. So, as always, I ask the question: what is the real spirit of the scripture in this story?

Again, a broader context is required to better understand the "spirit of this scripture." SAME CHAPTER >>>

Gen. 32:
[1] And Jacob went on his way, and the angels of God met him.
[2] And when Jacob saw them, he said, This is God's host: and he called the name of that place Mahanaim.

In Hebrew this place is rendered "Machanayim" which means "two camps, the plural form of "Machaneh," meaning "camp."
---What TWO camps did Jacob mean?...ONE "camp" for him and his people and another "camp" for the Angels of God who were with him. ---No, "Pineal Gland" connection here either.

So, when the "man" wrestled with him, Jacob knew he was no "ordinary man." Jacob knew the "man" could have subdued him at any time when the "man" TOUCHED him and shrank the muscle of his thigh which gave Jacob a LIMP. >>>

Gen 32:
[25] And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
[31] And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.
[32] Therefore the children of Israel eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is upon the hollow of the thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of Jacob's thigh in the sinew that shrank.

The name Jacob means "supplanter"/heel-puller/deceiver because he grabbed his twin brother Esau's heel in the womb and made Esau trade his "birth-right" for some food. AND he deceived his father, Isaac, into believing he was
Esau in order to get Esau's blessing. >>>

***SEE CHAPTER 27:​
[36] And he said, Is not he rightly named Jacob? for he hath supplanted me these two times: he took away my birthright; and, behold, now he hath taken away my blessing...​

Jacob even asked the "man" his name; but the "man," essentially, told him, "Why are you asking me my name when you already know who I am?"

Gen. 32:
[29] And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.

And Jacob's new name, Yisrael/Israel means "God strives/rules" because the "man" actually WON the wrestling match and JACOB LOST by giving up his lying, deceitful ways.

and the LIMP was a reminder of how Jacob lost the wrestling match.

....and Jacob KNEW that the "man" could have done much worse to him if the "man" had wanted to kill him. >>>

Gen.32:
[30] And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back