Black Relationships : Would you?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by SweetPrincess, Feb 7, 2005.

1. SweetPrincess

SweetPrincess Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    If you were in a relationship for let's say 6 months or so, and you guys havent had sex, but when the conversation comes up your partner told you that they had an STD like herpes, HPV, hepatitis b or chlamydia, not necessarily HIV, would you stay with that person?

2. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Hard to know what I would do for sure, not actually being in that situation. But if I was already in love with him, yes, I think I would consider it.

3. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Red Flag

First SweetPrincess commend your boyfriend for even telling you about his sexual pass. It takes a lot of courage to admit mistakes especially of that nature. In the same instances you must recognize his irresponsibility. Herpes is a big deal because it can't be cured. Hepatitus attacks that liver which is life threatening and highly contageous. Chlamydia is not life threatening but is much like Gonorrhea as far as symptoms go. It is devastating to the female reproductive system and a pregnant woman with this disease can birth to a infant with birth defects such as blindness. Syphillis is fatal. This is what killed Scott Joplin. Syphillis attacks the nervous system and vital organs. Gonorrhea though rarely fatal if untreated can cause tremedous damage to the reproductive system especially in females. All of these diseases have the propensity to harbor HIV AIDS along with them making a person at risk. It sounds like he is already weary of sex based upon his actions. You stay weary and have him tested often.

Peace Lil' Sis

Radical Faith

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    I'd probably move on.
    any problems or trouble, i move on.

it ain't worth it.

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    As brother Radical Faith stated I would definately thank this young man for his honesty. He showed more character than most people would in this situation. However I also would not risk exposing myself to possible disease for a relationship which is only 6 months old. Of course this decision will also depend largely on the STD in question, but I would probably look for love elsewhere. Good Luck SweetPrincess!

6. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    No, I don't like diseases. I would not stay. Yes, honesty is good, but getting infected is not an option. Move on. Once you get it you'll be kicking yourself. Especially if the relationship doesn't last. Then you'll be the one having to be honest with your next boyfriend. It won't be fun having to explain why you have a disease.

7. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    whoa

I'd give the brother props for letting me know that kind of info about himslf, but I honestly don't think I could risk my health...you know what they say...a life is a terrible thing to waste...especially in a clinic all day...lol...

8. lexuslady

lexuslady Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I think that you already been with that person for 6 months with no sex involved. So, there must be alot more to that relationship.

I'm a firm believer that whatever you do there is a "pay off". (You breathe to what?... You eat to what?.... You sleep for what?...) If you enjoy the persons company, and whateverelse they have been bringing to the relationship, why stop? You've been happy for 6mos., so you can't miss something that you haven't had.

I also beleive that in a relationship your partner should satisfy you in 4 areas, and if one of the areas are lacking that's when people tend to find someone that can fill that area where their partner is lacking.

So, I guess I wouldn't have sex with them, however, I wouldn't leave them either. I quess I would stay in the relationship as it is until one of us decides that the "pay off" of us staying together isn't sufficient enough and one of us wants more.

9. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I believe such a relationship is best classified as being friends, not lovers.

10. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    WAY!