Black Spirituality Religion : Would You Worship Regularly In An Online Service?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
With technology advancing like it is, I'm wondering will we see the day that folk get online to go and worship ... rather than go to their community service. I don't imagine it would be a great leap, considering that some worship with those on television.

What do you think?

Well

I think it says in the Bible "not to forsake the assembling of yourselves",....I'm just loosely quoting it. But religion is man coming to God on their terms, and Salvation is man coming to God on HIS terms. The church today in a lot of places aint nothing but a country club. It has to go back to what it was meant for,.....a place for people who don't know God to come and know Him for themselves. A place where after you DO know him for yourself, to help others who were in your shoes before. A place where you can praise and worship him in one accord with other people of likeminded faith, and having the freedom to do it,....which you DID'NT have back in the day. A place that is supposed to help the community that they are in, and be of service not only in the church, but outside of the church as well. The elderly parishioners are to be revered and listened to, until they get Altzheimers (sp). And you can't get that staying at home watching televangelists only.

I posted this thread in 2001, and now, years later, i see this more of a reality. The Internet allows folk to "assemble themselves together." Even in our own voice chat, we've had "church!" :) Listening to gospel, sharing our testimonies, encouraging each other, feeling the "Spirit of God." We didn't have voice chat when i originally posted this thread.

Especially now, with both voice and video chat available, this will soon be a reality, if it is not already. Consider me sorta psychic ... :wink:

:heart:

Destee

I posted this thread in 2001, and now, years later, i see this more of a reality. The Internet allows folk to "assemble themselves together." Even in our own voice chat, we've had "church!" :) Listening to gospel, sharing our testimonies, encouraging each other, feeling the "Spirit of God." We didn't have voice chat when i originally posted this thread.

Especially now, with both voice and video chat available, this will soon be a reality, if it is not already. Consider me sorta psychic ... :wink:

:heart:

Destee

However, assembling is more than just speaking online or viewing on television; it is actually being there in the very presence which completes the assembling in its fullness. Being there to actually greet one another with a Holy kiss can't be done online, nor can the breaking of bread be the same.

I do not think it's far-fetched that people would use the online community to "gather" in bigger communities of their church, though. People weigh their time, and many state they've not enough time to go to church, but may choose to go online as to feel less guilty for not being there in person. However, people should know a true congregation is not a business, nor was it ever meant to be such, but the assembling of all faithful to the Father on High who have faith in His Holy Son.

And to answer; I worship the Father everyday, anywhere I go, but I don't join the "formal" churches people have now become accustomed to, online or off.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back