Law Forum : Would You Willingly Submit DNA ?

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by Destee, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

If the police contacted you, asking for a sample of your DNA, would you willingly submit it?

I think they need a court order, to force you to submit, but your refusal to willingly comply raises their suspicions about you.

Resisting also means that you must hurry and get an attorney, which costs money that you may not have readily on hand, or at all.

A part of you may want to cooperate, but you're aware of how the police have done Black People, and you're just not comfortable with that.

You've not done anything wrong, absolutely no reason for them to want your DNA (in your opinion), yet they are asking for it.

What do you do? Do you give it or do you resist? Please share why if you don't mind.

Thanks in advance Family! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

2. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    Well, at the rate and speed the world is moving, I think they have their way of getting it without our consent. If I had a choice in the matter, no I wouldn't willingly give it. To me it's an invasion of my privacy.

3. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135

NO!!!!!

4. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Nope.
    Decline the offer.
    If they want something from you, let them do it lawfully. Get a court order.

5. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    Submitting to a dna means you will 'never' be out of the system

6. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Absolutely not and let me tell you why ...

When they collect our DNA they are actually collecting it to see what lab created disease will affect your partner best. In the process of trying to wipe a whole people it is imparative to get all the biological information that you can acculate on that people. Now because we are so mixed and our DNA has a range that includes the world of genetic markers ... the more of use they can get to in their attempt to find a single disease to wipe us out ...

So no no DNA from me!!!

Peace and Blessing,

Ru2religious

7. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
  8. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I hear a lot of "NO's" up in here and with good reason. I submitted DNA years ago to prove I was not who they were looking for and because I was ignorant at the time...but, I've been lucky. Right now, for some reason I am not in the system per se. However, let me telll you about DNA and the white man or any man for that fact. Right now I could get someone's cigarette butt...I can go home, put a mask on and then go rob a bank. On my way out I could drop that butt in the bank. Guess who they coming for if they are in the system....it won't be me! On the same hand, if they have your DNA and they also have a crime that demands a conviction, they already have a data base that they can use to say that you did it and that they found your DNA at the scene. How do you call them a liar??? The masses are going to go with the PoPo on this one with the logic being that "if your DNA was there then you had to be there also"....which does not have to be true.

Check this out. There was a write up in Readers Digest of a brother who did 5 years in prison for a bank robbery. They had two problems. The first was that, according to over 40 witnesses he was at a party more than three states away at the time of the robbery. The second problem was that, he and the witnesses had to be lying because, "they found the brothers fingerprint at the bank" and logic states that since you can't be at two places at the same time, then he had to have robbed the bank regardless of what his friends or witnesses said. It took 5 years of investigation after he was convicted before they found out that a PoPo at city hall had used a piece of scotch tape to lift his fingerprints from the police files and lay them down in the bank !!

So if you should submit to DNA how do you know that your piece of hair or whatever won't be misused against you for other purposes?? That';s right, you don't know....and since no one is that trusting of white people to say that they would never do that because they work in law enforcement, is only a revelation of just how naive we really are. Don't do it !!

9. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989

I feel you.
    When I was in my teens. My brother and I were stopped by the same group of police officers 2 hours apart.

I foolishly let them search my car. They didn't find anything. Next round shall be radically different

>=]

That is just horrible. And to think you pay tax dollars for this kind of "protection and service"!!

Hold everyone to legal process including due process.