Black Relationships : Would you still date your mate if they were a stripper?

Joyce

May 23, 2001
Florida
Occupation
people
:jumping: Now ain't dat the truth. Besides that, most strippers are gay or bi-sexual anyway...certainly a greater risk in more ways than one. In my town a man who is a multi-millionaire, uses his 14 year old daughter to promote his male stripper joint. For example, he has a large truck. On one side of the truck is a pic of a male stripper and on the other side of the truck is a picture of his 14 year daughter and these words...I am 14 please visit such and such...my daddy needs the money. I am surprised the CPS (Child Protection Services) has not come down on him for this. There are just too many sick people out there for him to be pasting large pictures of his child in association with this type of business.

sistahisis

Sep 28, 2003
Inglewood, California
Joyce said:
In my town a man who is a multi-millionaire, uses his 14 year old daughter to promote his male stripper joint. For example, he has a large truck. On one side of the truck is a pic of a male stripper and on the other side of the truck is a picture of his 14 year daughter and these words...I am 14 please visit such and such...my daddy needs the money. I am surprised the CPS (Child Protection Services) has not come down on him for this. There are just too many sick people out there for him to be pasting large pictures of his child in association with this type of business.[/B]

THAT'S JUST SICK! he should not exploit his daughter like that...but most millionaires are millionaires because business comes before ethics...

krazelyricks

Jul 2, 2003
da south............ATL
Occupation
student
Yes I agree with sistahisis. That is sick. I'm 17 years old and I wouldn't even let my daddy put me on front street like that. That is crazy. Somebody should have spoken up whether it been CPS, the girl, or her mother. Somebody should have known better than to do that. :uhoh:

PurpleMoons

Administrator
STAFF
Apr 22, 2003
I have,nt ever knowingly dated a stripper before and I'm not sure if I ever will.
I personally don't know any. But I had to ask myself this question, If I was deeply in love with someone who later on in the relationship began to strip for money to support the family because of hard times. Would I continue to stand by that person even though I'm against it? I think I might! Because when I stop to weigh everything that this persons has built together with me, It might out weigh this deed. Strippers are people too. And I've done somethings in life that others did'nt approve of but they stood by me and supported me anyway. Eventually I woke-up and got myself together to find so much love still blossoming from my love ones. I honestly can't say what I won't ever do, because some of the things I once said that I would'nt do, I've done.

krazelyricks

Jul 2, 2003
da south............ATL
Occupation
student
PurpleMoons said:
I have,nt ever knowingly dated a stripper before and I'm not sure if I ever will.
I personally don't know any. But I had to ask myself this question, If I was deeply in love with someone who later on in the relationship began to strip for money to support the family because of hard times. Would I continue to stand by that person even though I'm against it? I think I might! Because when I stop to weigh everything that this persons has built together with me, It might out weigh this deed. Strippers are people too. And I've done somethings in life that others did'nt approve of but they stood by me and supported me anyway. Eventually I woke-up and got myself together to find so much love still blossoming from my love ones. I honestly can't say what I won't ever do, because some of the things I once said that I would'nt do, I've done.
This is very thought provoking. I would have to say that is the only way I would date a stripper. If I hadn't know them very long though, I will not date them. It would only be fair in a situation like that.

Nita

Feb 9, 2001
Arkansas
Occupation
youth volunteer
Hmmm

I think I would,that could be a very spicy and interesting relationship, and as long as they're head is on str8 and their heart is right, they cool with me. If we got serious, I think I'd want them to stop stripping.

Dancing_Nina

Jun 20, 2004
Hello everyone I'm a new poster on this board. I am also a dancer (stripper, exotic dancer), and I've had 2 longterm relationships during my 7 year career. Those relationships have had the same up's and downs as any other relationship. I'm not here to try to change any of the unbelievers minds about dancers -- Heck negative stereotypes about dancers, and the sexual repression of our society are the prime reasons my garter stays so packed!----BUT.........my input is that if a person must ask "should they date a stripper", then they probably should not..... If you are bringing, negative stereotypes or preconceived notions i nto a relationship, it probably won't work. Put yourself in his shoes..imagine you ask a white guy out and he's asking people "if he should date a black woman? I hear they all have attitudes, and AIDS and just date White guys for their money" Thats bringing extra issues to the table.

If the guy meets your general (high) standards for a person you'd consider spending time with than why not? Sure he's fine, but is he kind, honest, monogamous, generous, responsible, well mannered, intelligent --or what ever else you desire.....

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
"And I'm feeling good."-Nina Simone
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: