Black Relationships : Would you still date your mate if they were a stripper?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by krazelyricks, May 17, 2004.

1. krazelyricks

krazelyricks Well-Known Member MEMBER

student
    Ratings:
    +12
    Everyone knows that in Atlanta the stripping business is very hot. Heck, there's about 3 strip clubs in about every neighborhood so you can just imagine how many of my girlfriends are strippers. I mean, erotic dancers. Anyway, I've talked to most of them and they just can't seem to keep a man. I never thought I would be faced with this situation. No, I'm not an stripper although I have been approached on different accasions with offers, I declined all of them. However, I was approach by a male stripper that is twenty years old.(i.e I tend to date older men) He told me that he was digging me and he wanted me to be his girl. I told him I would think about it. I never thought I would turn down a brother because his occupation but um......this is very unusal for me. I mean, he is very cute. No slash that he is fione and very neat unlike other brothas his age, but I can't take the late nights out knowing that he is showing every other girl whas suppose to be mine. Am I wrong to think that is not right. I used to think that it was wrong for men not to date my friends because of their occupation but not I am agreeing with the men. I don't know, I just wanted someone else's oppinion. Am I wrong??? What would you do???? If you agree, how would you let this fella know that you were dumping him because of what he does without hurting his feelings? Is there really a way to tell him without breaking his feelings???? Oh no, what have I gotten myself into?????

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    personally NO i wouldn't
    to me it's disrespect to me and i quote !
    maybe i'm just ole fashion
    can't have a woman who go out night after night getting nude
    for men or infornt of the world to see what should be private
    to me a cheap hooker getting paid behind club doors no way !
    she out ....this just me and what i feel surely many feel it's O'kay
    and it may not bother them but i have a problem with that life style
    and no i don't go to places like this and i don't watch strippers as well
    because it leave no room to wonder if i see it all , I don't knock what one
    do but i care about what i have
    Peace

3. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    No way would I date a stripper, I don't care how nice she was. There is a kind of immorality about the whole stripping profession if you ask me. I'm sure some of these girls are nice, good people, but would I date one....no. Plus, there are too many strippers that are more than just strippers, if you know what I mean. A little cash on the side. House parties that these strippers go to end up being a whore-houses for a night alot of times. Don't set yourself up for something bad later on. No man or woman is that fine to where you should have to share them with the rest of the world.

4. krazelyricks

student
    Ratings:
    +12
    Yes, I feel what both of you are saying. I never in a million years would have thought my people would choose this profession to go into yet there seems to be many. I have the same thoughts as both of you fellas. It seems that this is not fitting for a relationship.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    so true it will never be fitting their will be doubts and distance of trust
    beside who wan't to share with the world and all the feeling & touching
    if one care they could never say yes to this ......our people have taken
    this profession and use it as a weapon to make quick cash and lost respect
    for themselves it's what i call a drama line

6. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    well...

I could never bring myself to understand another persons situation. There aren't a lot of jobs you can get nowadays without either a load of experience and/or a degree. So if somebody needed to strip to get by I guess I'd have to understand. My cousin strips and that's because that is what pays the bills right now. I'm pretty sure if there was another way she'd take that route.

So in the case of a relationship, I, myself, would probably be a little lenient depending on how well I knew the guy. We'd have to take it pretty slooooow. If he was really about me and truely cared about me then I'd trust him enough to know that after he makes his money he's coming home to me and me only.

But, sister, listen to your heart and your gut feeling. If something inside tells you to decline then do so. Don't go into anything naively.

If you feeling him like he's feeling you then take it slow. Once you get used to each other and can trust one another then it's okay to become something. Otherwise, don't.

7. sistahisis

sistahisis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    first off, i don't assume that stripper is synonymous with whore. a lot of strippers might be whores, but not necessarily all of them. with that said, i still would not date a stripper because i could not take that chance.

8. jazzymoonchild

jazzymoonchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

administrative
    Ratings:
    +9
    As a female, I have never been into the whole strip club thing ever. I used to hang out with a girlfriend who was so into it, she knew the schedules of her favorite dancers, which clubs they were going to be at and which night. Out of curiousity, I went with her one night. It is a mad house! Sure, some of the brothers might be fine, but look at how many women are all over them. Touching, smacking, you name it. They are rubbing all over these women as well. All in the name of show? No thank you. I can't speak for other sistas, but Jazzy is greedy and selfish when it comes down to another woman putting her hands all over my man's body. I'm pretty lenient and flexible and not the jealous type, but that right there would not be tolerated. Like the other posts have said, you don't need to set yourself up for that.

9. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    sistahisis...
    I must confess that I'm a bit :confused: with your reply here.
    Why wouldn't you date a stripper? What is the difference between a stripper and a boob's bar? let me, if I may, define the two:

Boob's bar:...where woman show their boob's to entice who?..."MEN"
    Male strippers:...where men go to show their stuff to entice who?..."WOMAN"

How can it be okay for your man to watch a woman's top half, but not okay for a woman to watch his bottom half? ...would you kindly explain that to me, is something wrong with this picture? or did I overlook something? :huh:
    just a little curious...with luv...queentswana

10. krazelyricks

student
    Ratings:
    +12
    It seems that everybody is agreeing to me. And I can't help but say I also agree which brings me to an update on the situation. Chocolate Slur (club name, don't want to give the real name) keeps harassing me about going out with him. I keep telling him I will get back to him but it's gettin' harder and harder each day to say that. I mean, did I mention he was fione? I'm thinking realistically now that's why I said I wouldn't date him. But if, big if, he catches me off guard I just might go on at least one date with him. Would that hurt? But I fear that that may lead him to believe I want to carry a relationship with him, but I don't. Hum, I don't know what to do. What's a girl to do? I mean, on one hand he's fine but on the other hand he uses his finest as a job. It's just a big puzzle for me. If, I go with him I will always have doubts. But if I don't, how will I tell him I don't without hurting his feelings?