Black Relationships : would you stay with the person you love if your the other?

Radical Faith

Dec 3, 2003
North Carolina
Occupation
Operations Manager
Here are some questions. If you are the "other" than what does that say about the person your with? Maybe it says this person can't commit to a monogamous relationship therefore they must fullfill their desires with several different partners. Also if you are the "other" what makes you think that this person wouldn't find "another" if you became the "only"? Also how do you know there isn't "another" already? How can you build trust with someone who is already lying to someone else? These are a few wake up questions that if are answered honestly common sense will yield the answers. Why would anyone settle for being the "other" anyway. Don't you think you deserve exclusivity? In these sort of situations usually the person get hooked by the sex. This is why sex shouldn't be taken lightly. Bottomline is the fews days or weeks of anguish will be much better to cope with than the potential years of drama you will set yourself up for it you don't end this relationship. You don't have to be a Jedi to use common sense...

Peace.....

Monetary

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
Radical Faith said:
Here are some questions. If you are the "other" than what does that say about the person your with? Maybe it says this person can't commit to a monogamous relationship therefore they must fullfill their desires with several different partners. Also if you are the "other" what makes you think that this person wouldn't find "another" if you became the "only"? Also how do you know there isn't "another" already? How can you build trust with someone who is already lying to someone else? These are a few wake up questions that if are answered honestly common sense will yield the answers. Why would anyone settle for being the "other" anyway. Don't you think you deserve exclusivity? In these sort of situations usually the person get hooked by the sex. This is why sex shouldn't be taken lightly. Bottomline is the fews days or weeks of anguish will be much better to cope with than the potential years of drama you will set yourself up for it you don't end this relationship. You don't have to be a Jedi to use common sense...

Peace.....
Black man you ain't never lied. I am a confidant to several women. If they tell me some mess like that, then I tell them that they get what they deserve. If some people would just use common sense in situations, then you wouldn't go through so much hurt and pain in the future. smh

As the Brotha said, common sense goes a long way.

MississippiRed

Aug 11, 2004
Personally I wouldn't mind being the other.....but then again I am half dog..

MississippiRed

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
There's not much else that needs to be added to what the brothas said.

When I was a kid there was a song on the radio called "Let Me Be Your Only Other Woman." You have to have more respect for yourself than to eat off somebody else's plate.

If it's lonliness and the man shortage you are worried about move to the Caribbeans or Africa where you can be in a legitimate polygamous relationship. It's the sneakiness and living a lie that makes this situation bad.

You have to make a lot of deliberate decisions and conscious efforts to get to the point where you can't help yourself. So pick up what's left of your dignity and be geese.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Sister ... what did you decide? How will we be moving forward? I've been working, I am excited. I Love You! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
One-Hundredd wrote on Destee's profile.
Hope you having a happy holidayz