Black Relationships : would you stay with the person you love if your the other?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by nevar, Nov 8, 2005.

1. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    could you stay with someone if you was the other. lets say you been together for four years and you planned to be together some years down the line. do you think when it get to the date your suppose to be together that the person will leave. or is this person being naive for wanting a impossible dream.

2. HoneyBrown05

HoneyBrown05 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    If you are the other person and not his or her main then there is only one purpose to your relationship. Whatever type of relationship you had started with this person is how it will exactly end. How can you be so sure that this person is committed to you? Honestly this person would be using you for their own selfish desires. The best thing to do would be to wise up and move on!

3. LovNThySoul

LovNThySoul Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think the person that has feelings is being naieve. I guess i just don't like the word. It's almost an excuse or label to put on someone to justify their negative, worldly actions on another that is more ...innocent.

Maybe i live in a fantasy world but i think they are being taken advantage of. The person in the relationship might be serious but your actions will speak lounder than your words.

4. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    If ever in this situation, I'd know off the bat what I have to gain from it. However, with all my mackabilities, I have the appeal to steal.............. Coming from an ex she-player:juggle: LOL

5. YellowLime

YellowLime Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    If they aren't willing to make that commitment to be with only you then they don't love you the way you should be loved and you should move on.

6. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Here are some questions. If you are the "other" than what does that say about the person your with? Maybe it says this person can't commit to a monogamous relationship therefore they must fullfill their desires with several different partners. Also if you are the "other" what makes you think that this person wouldn't find "another" if you became the "only"? Also how do you know there isn't "another" already? How can you build trust with someone who is already lying to someone else? These are a few wake up questions that if are answered honestly common sense will yield the answers. Why would anyone settle for being the "other" anyway. Don't you think you deserve exclusivity? In these sort of situations usually the person get hooked by the sex. This is why sex shouldn't be taken lightly. Bottomline is the fews days or weeks of anguish will be much better to cope with than the potential years of drama you will set yourself up for it you don't end this relationship. You don't have to be a Jedi to use common sense...

Peace.....

7. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Black man you ain't never lied. I am a confidant to several women. If they tell me some mess like that, then I tell them that they get what they deserve. If some people would just use common sense in situations, then you wouldn't go through so much hurt and pain in the future. smh

As the Brotha said, common sense goes a long way.

8. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Personally I wouldn't mind being the other.....but then again I am half dog..

MississippiRed

9. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You and James. :D

Playa playas for life.

10. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    There's not much else that needs to be added to what the brothas said.

When I was a kid there was a song on the radio called "Let Me Be Your Only Other Woman." You have to have more respect for yourself than to eat off somebody else's plate.

If it's lonliness and the man shortage you are worried about move to the Caribbeans or Africa where you can be in a legitimate polygamous relationship. It's the sneakiness and living a lie that makes this situation bad.

You have to make a lot of deliberate decisions and conscious efforts to get to the point where you can't help yourself. So pick up what's left of your dignity and be geese.