Black Relationships : Would you personally continue dealing with a person who....

Unless you change your energy, he's in control of the relationship...meaning that if there is to be pain involved, you'll feel it first...meaning that you have placed more value on the relationship than he did. Just my POV
youre right. i have realized that he is showing signs of insecurity and want control and that if i am not available when HE wants me to be, then he can go about things the way he has gone about them, so yeap as i already know, i am a grown woman, not a teenager, so as i've said earlier, my question was answered i guess. if i am a grown woman, i do not need to deal with someone like that. i have done something about that. i just was baffled at first but it was cleared up.

intentionally ignores your calls and messages all because you did not get their messages due to you being sleep and by the time you wake up, they have already said they have left for the day, so you go and do what you gotta do for the day also. When you tell them they were being childish by intentionally ignoring your calls, they say that they were only reacting.. well i just had that happen to me not long ago. he ignored my calls on purpose all because i was sleep half the day yesterday and by the time I woke up, he was already in church and my friends were getting ready to pick me up and we were out all day basically. no phone, no anything because my phone was dead. he said he tried to hit me up on the computer and i have explained to him numerous times I am not always at the computer, and that i do have a life outside the house. all he said was "it is what it is" and he comes off like he was right for how what he calls "reacted"... I am just curious to know if you have ever been in a situation like this, and if so, is this a considered as a red flag to just no longer correspond with them?

'Is this a redflag'?
*shrug*
I don't know. He's passive-aggressive and annoying.
...but it's your tolerance level. These are your boundaries.
So, you ask yourself --> Have they been breached? Have you had enough? Is the situation tolerable?
Does he offer more than a headache...?
*shrug*

You know what to do from here, I'm sure.

If it were me? I'd date others. If he calls, he calls.
The point is: Who cares? *laugh*

Beauty is a strength and femininity...? POWER.
...and there are entirely TOO many freakin' men on this planet to be dealing with knuckleheads, idiots and controlling, passive aggressive b/s. I'm speaking very generally on this, but I have no idea why some women like to place every last one of their eggs in a single basket.

When I was single, I was dating some guy who acted similarly. The old, 'I only want to be available when I need you"?
Yeah. *laugh*
So, it was Friday. I called twice around 730p. Didn't pick up.
Well, I wanted to go out. Tried to debate whether I should call up my female friends to go to the club or a male friend...and one of my male friends called. "Want to go somewhere?"
MIMI --> Yay!
We went out to Chili's, then to the club. Had a ball.

So, the guy in question called LATE that night. 3:00 am. He never called that late and despite my liquor induced state, I had it within me to be mildly insulted at the implications. *laugh*
I also didn't pick up b/c I was at iHop and DRUNK...and trying to eat! *laugh*
He called again. An hour later. I didn't pick up b/c I was sleepy and I didn't feel like talking. Plus, my friend was staying over and I didn't want to force him to drive home. That's rude.
So, he called the next morning at 1000. I didn't pick up b/c -- again, I didn't feel like talking.

I got around to returning his phone-call at 2:00 pm.
Small-talk. Asked why I didn't pick up. Told him that I didn't 'feel like talking.'
Then he was asking where I was the night before. Told him the truth. Then, he asked whether I'd gone out with a male or a female. Told him that I'd gone out with a man. He hit the ceiling.
I let him blow off steam. The entire time, I'm thinking, "Really...? Is it that serious...?" <- A second later, I said so. *laugh*
'He's just a friend." ...and he was.

Then, he said something like, "...well, you don't even to call me no m/fin' mo'!" Was about to hang up on me and I piped up.
"...who you talking to? I have better things to do than sit around waiting for you to decide to not be busy. You called me at 200 and 300 o'clock in the morning...and I'm supposed to do what? It ain't EVEN that d*mned serious and...I don't do 'booty calls'. It's beneath me and...just so we're clear? I'm not about to be traipsing up and down the city at your beck 'n call like I got a 'We Deliver' sign stuck to my forehead...'k? I went out with a friend because you weren't available. And? He's a friend. The situation is, whatever the *bleep* I say it is. I have no reason to lie...and I sure hell as don't have to lie you. Who the hell are you 'sposed to be? You ain't my man. We are not together. I'll do whatever I please...."

That simmered him down. I dont' know why he didn't fight more.... I think we went out that night. Well, anyway...we talked but I don't think we saw each other too much after that. He just kind of fell off the radar after that.

Once you have explained what happened, it's time to let it go.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back