Black Relationships : Would you personally continue dealing with a person who....

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by legit-writer, Apr 9, 2012.

1. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    intentionally ignores your calls and messages all because you did not get their messages due to you being sleep and by the time you wake up, they have already said they have left for the day, so you go and do what you gotta do for the day also. When you tell them they were being childish by intentionally ignoring your calls, they say that they were only reacting.. well i just had that happen to me not long ago. he ignored my calls on purpose all because i was sleep half the day yesterday and by the time I woke up, he was already in church and my friends were getting ready to pick me up and we were out all day basically. no phone, no anything because my phone was dead. he said he tried to hit me up on the computer and i have explained to him numerous times I am not always at the computer, and that i do have a life outside the house. all he said was "it is what it is" and he comes off like he was right for how what he calls "reacted"... I am just curious to know if you have ever been in a situation like this, and if so, is this a considered as a red flag to just no longer correspond with them?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    how old are you?

3. legit-writer

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    has nothing to do with the topic, so not going to answer that.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    has everything to do with whether i ask you why you bring such infantile dribble to the internet.
    if you were a teenager i would cut you some slack. i'm trying to be nice guy here.
    are you a teenager?

5. legit-writer

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    these couple of exchange of messages we have just done has just answered my question, surprisingly... thanks.

6. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Analyze it. But it depends if this is a romantic interest.

If it is a romantic interest, it's possible that he both doesn't and does want to be with you. He's only trying to weigh the pros and cons.

This incident alone isn't what peeves him; but something consistent in the relationship.

For instance, possibly, your lack of availability, or he might find you disrespectful, or he may think that you think that he is insignificant.

Just ask "What's really the problem?" three times in a row and see if you are willing to compromise with the real problem.

He might say--"You didn't read that book that I lent you" or "You canceled on that Movie Date."

It might even be worse--"Sexual" or "Physical problems."

Just ask him to elaborate. It's possible that his friends are only giving him bad advice (but don't ask about that right away--find out the real problem--what he tells his boys.)

7. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986

He might not have a life! LOL...I would like to know if this is a love interest too? If you all are not that serious there is no way he should be acting like that. A person does not have to be available exactly when you want them too. Personally I think its a bit childish, people do have lives ya know.

8. legit-writer

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    yes and yes he has been interested in me and i told him i was interested in him also, and we agreed to see how it goes.

9. legit-writer

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    there have been times i have not heard from him all day, and i don't do that to him. he gets busy like anyone else. and so do i.

10. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Unless you change your energy, he's in control of the relationship...meaning that if there is to be pain involved, you'll feel it first...meaning that you have placed more value on the relationship than he did. Just my POV