Black People : Would you move to Africa?

Without any offense, you need to just stay here! Going back to Afraka isn't like no dam vacation or retirement plan!!! Yeah America is great!!!...now, stop all the resources, the gold, the diamonds, the oil and other things and America would go down the drain real fast! The sad part is that there are Afrakan people over there being killed because of this great country you love. People dying just so you can enjoy a plane flight, your cell phone, your computer and more....so all that crazy ish you talking because you may or may not know, needs to stop.

If we aren't going back to aid them, then we don't need to be going, PURE AND SIMPLE !!!!

Brother Keita Kenyatta, No offense taking but, I think that you may have misunderstood me. I never stated anything to the effect of americas greatness! I see this country for what it is and has done. I also agree that Africas resources should be used for the betterment of Africans. If from my post above I've led you to believe that my desire to go to Africa is trivial, could you please point that out for me?

I don't quite understand the reasoning behind your last statement, why is it wrong to go to Africa as a vacation or for retirement? Should we go to non Black destinations and learn more about the cultures of others? I think that you're saying that we as Black americans shouldn't just "fly over there, spend a few dollars, check out the natives, buy a few trinkets and come back here just to say I done it", if so I agree. I would only want to go to Africa to learn the cultures/history/customs, that and to help in any way that I can. I'm just not where to start.

In closing, I've read and enjoyed quite a few of your post and generally get where you're coming from. I just don't see how your reply fits my post.

i'm from mississippi...currently living in canada. having lived in a few other places in the world, i would have to say that i would gladly go to africa. the united states is as great a place to live as it is a terrible place to live...so i have no ties there, other than family and friends. i have a niece who married an african and moved to his home in africa...the name of the exact location escapes me at the moment. my brother's step-son married a londoner and moved there. my brother once lived in germany. so, no...i have no hesitations about moving...as long as i can obtain a means of living, and the location was to my liking. however, to this point, i haven't been looking for one in that area.

Brother Keita Kenyatta, No offense taking but, I think that you may have misunderstood me. I never stated anything to the effect of americas greatness! I see this country for what it is and has done. I also agree that Africas resources should be used for the betterment of Africans. If from my post above I've led you to believe that my desire to go to Africa is trivial, could you please point that out for me?

I don't quite understand the reasoning behind your last statement, why is it wrong to go to Africa as a vacation or for retirement? Should we go to non Black destinations and learn more about the cultures of others? I think that you're saying that we as Black americans shouldn't just "fly over there, spend a few dollars, check out the natives, buy a few trinkets and come back here just to say I done it", if so I agree. I would only want to go to Africa to learn the cultures/history/customs, that and to help in any way that I can. I'm just not where to start.

In closing, I've read and enjoyed quite a few of your post and generally get where you're coming from. I just don't see how your reply fits my post.

You're Right!!! My Apologies Brother...It was "heartbeats post". My bad. He was the one speaking on the GREATNESS of this country. I humbly apologize brother!!

I have to disagree. Though Brother Keita Kenyatta apologized, I think that he aptly criticized you earlier.

Surely he combined some comments for Heartbeat and you, but with all due respect, going to Africa is about building in Africa.

"Retirement" is the end of working. It's lounging and relaxing. It's Africa supporting you, not you supporting Africa.

Africa is not a vacation spot but a homeland. You implicitly wrote that you would leave your family in America. That's not building and re-building in Africa. That's visiting when you're no longer able to support Africa.

That's worth condemning.

Let's be real with this.

Because the most important aspect of culture is the reproduction of the family. If your family reproduces in America, it's a strike against Africa. You going to Africa alone is not entertaining the most important aspect of culture.

HOTEP

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back