Black Relationships : Would You Marry a member you met online

I may be redundant as I cannot recall if I answered this thread or not. And my answer is no, not in the Americanized sense of marriage. Been there, done that, payin' the cost of that other ish now. I have never been a deadbeat father but the one I fell into this trap with cemented my name in the system. Much non-love on that one. Don't get crazed on that last statement as I do not love everyone and never claimed that to be my realm of mentality.

So to hell with the Christianiticalitic or other religious ish form of marriage. I'm cool with rolling alone past that ish if necessary. I'm not a weak brother. Just fool me once and once is enough...

No more marriage in the sense I described for me.

I have heard about folks who have met their soul mate online. I know this is possible, but for me I still believe in the old traditional way. The Internet has revolutionalised the way people communicate, but it is also the perfect forum for deception. I know someone can deceive you even when you think you know them in person,...

Is there anyone here in a relationship with someone they met online? Don't be shy:lol:

I've actually met two sisters I dated online. Neither experience led to a marriage. One was a disaster because she was all about playing head games. The other didn't want a marriage, but just someone to kick it with. I was much younger then, and feeling a bit lonely, so I agreed. That was 16 years ago, and we now have a 14 year old son together, though we are not together. We're still friends, though.

I've heard the same thing, but I wouldn't count on finding a soul mate online. If we happened to be in an online community like this and one day we just happened to run into each other somewhere and after a while of communicating, we decided to date, yeah, I'd do that. But joining eHarmony or some other dating site to find love, nah!! Why? Rule #1: people lie.

Before I wife ya, I gotta be sure within myself that we fit enough to pursue a life together and that takes time. And there's no way I can really know you spending hours and days typing. We gotta see each other and get to know how we are and agree that life with each other may be a good thing after some years of dating, seeing each others' flaws, etc.

So my answer:

If I met you online, but we got to know each other, decided to date, and after a while decided we'd be great life partners, then a marriage could very well be in our future. Any other way online, not a chance.

I've actually met two sisters I dated online. Neither experience led to a marriage. One was a disaster because she was all about playing head games. The other didn't want a marriage, but just someone to kick it with. I was much younger then, and feeling a bit lonely, so I agreed. That was 16 years ago, and we now have a 14 year old son together, though we are not together. We're still friends, though.

I've heard the same thing, but I wouldn't count on finding a soul mate online. If we happened to be in an online community like this and one day we just happened to run into each other somewhere and after a while of communicating, we decided to date, yeah, I'd do that. But joining eHarmony or some other dating site to find love, nah!! Why? Rule #1: people lie.

Before I wife ya, I gotta be sure within myself that we fit enough to pursue a life together and that takes time. And there's no way I can really know you spending hours and days typing. We gotta see each other and get to know how we are and agree that life with each other may be a good thing after some years of dating, seeing each others' flaws, etc.

So my answer:

If I met you online, but we got to know each other, decided to date, and after a while decided we'd be great life partners, then a marriage could very well be in our future. Any other way online, not a chance.

people lie... and it is much easier to do it online.....:lol:but more difficult to detect.

people lie... and it is much easier to do it online.....:lol:but more difficult to detect.
Yes, I have met someone online before that i have dated and it was a good relationship there were no game playing. Well i can say 2 really. we are still friends one i dated we met in 2008 and dated up . Everybody will have different experiences online or not online they are both pretty much the same except one you see in person rather than online and either can still be a scamer, liar, thief or what may have you. So the devil knows we like pretty things, so when we see pretty things we automatically say it is good, harmless, or Ok. So onlline or off i will give it a try and see what happens. Anyway we are online until we/or if we meet in person. So i am not afraid of typing words or maybe talking over the phone. it will show if they are this monster. Some will try to convince you that they are not a scamer and they will keep trying to push it off on you and say they are afraid of you. check them out because they are trying to do so much convincing. That's part of phishing they do.No i am not afraid. Those that are real you will know. at least for me i do. i speak for myself. Some have met their soul mate online. they are the same type of people online or off.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back