Black Relationships : Would You Marry a member you met online

:toast:

I have told friends of mine that if they ever hear that I become a lesbian...they would know for sure that I am mad and needs to go the lunatic asylym.:lol: I am not into that kinda stuff...I am a straight black woman who is only interested in a straight black man...flat work is not for me:eek::lol:
That's what i am talking about. you go girl. And backwork is not for me Dunwiddat

Major Tubbs, I really appreciate your comments.

First, let me answer your question. No, I am not here to write a book. But, yes, I am a journalist by background and having been a sociology major I do try to write about life, how we are affected by so much happening around us, the government, the media, conflicting interests surrounding us trying to tell us what to think, what to believe -- and the very race issues you speak of.

I can't begin to learn of them, and understand them in the white community. I remember going to Expressions Bookstore in Indianapolis, a black bookstore that I was saddened to learn had closed a year or so ago. I had been there before and brought my African nun friend, Sister Sabina.

We were browsing and one of the store owners came up to me and said, in a very friendly way, "We don't see you (white people) in here much." And then proceeded to explain, "We know all about you....and it would be good if you would take the time to learn about us."

I don't recall these being her exact words, but the message was clear. Sister smiled at that, and I had to nod in agreement. And we talked briefly until another customer came in.

True, Major Tubbs, whatever understandings I may gain from reading and discussions here I will likely write about at some time, as I've done from my African friends, Black Singles and other encounters of black-white issues and events. I can never expect to learn of black perspectives in the white community, only white community presumption and bias there. But I still didn't come here specifically with that goal in mind, but rather to learn and give of myself, time and support however I can -- and hopefully find friendship and stay connected.

I hear what you're saying. And I embrace them. And I also realize there are things, as a white, I will never fully comprehend.
Thanks writter33

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back