Black Relationships : Would You Marry a member you met online

Major Tubbs

Apr 18, 2014
:toast:

I have told friends of mine that if they ever hear that I become a lesbian...they would know for sure that I am mad and needs to go the lunatic asylym.:lol: I am not into that kinda stuff...I am a straight black woman who is only interested in a straight black man...flat work is not for me:eek::lol:
That's what i am talking about. you go girl. And backwork is not for me Dunwiddat

Major Tubbs

Apr 18, 2014
Major Tubbs, I really appreciate your comments.

First, let me answer your question. No, I am not here to write a book. But, yes, I am a journalist by background and having been a sociology major I do try to write about life, how we are affected by so much happening around us, the government, the media, conflicting interests surrounding us trying to tell us what to think, what to believe -- and the very race issues you speak of.

I can't begin to learn of them, and understand them in the white community. I remember going to Expressions Bookstore in Indianapolis, a black bookstore that I was saddened to learn had closed a year or so ago. I had been there before and brought my African nun friend, Sister Sabina.

We were browsing and one of the store owners came up to me and said, in a very friendly way, "We don't see you (white people) in here much." And then proceeded to explain, "We know all about you....and it would be good if you would take the time to learn about us."

I don't recall these being her exact words, but the message was clear. Sister smiled at that, and I had to nod in agreement. And we talked briefly until another customer came in.

True, Major Tubbs, whatever understandings I may gain from reading and discussions here I will likely write about at some time, as I've done from my African friends, Black Singles and other encounters of black-white issues and events. I can never expect to learn of black perspectives in the white community, only white community presumption and bias there. But I still didn't come here specifically with that goal in mind, but rather to learn and give of myself, time and support however I can -- and hopefully find friendship and stay connected.

I hear what you're saying. And I embrace them. And I also realize there are things, as a white, I will never fully comprehend.
Thanks writter33

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
After checking out blackpeoplemeet.com for a while I noticed that the vast majority of black women there seem to have two or three boy friends, maybe sleeping buddies is more accurate. Yet they list themselves as single. A few black women say they've never been married and have six children.
What you've listed are the exceptions. The average black woman has 2 children, not 6. And a woman has 2 or 3 boyfriends and still looking? :huh: Whateva. They're the exception.

It seems much more difficult for black men to meet descent black women between the ages of 35 to 45 years old.
You're looking in the wrong places.

What we more commonly hear about are the successful black woman's woes that she is forced to date white men.
Name one.

Many black women are quick to judge and feel that they have a right to be rude to black men they don't know, this is common now.
Wow! Where do you MEET these women???

The negative propaganda against black men has made it easier to drive a wedge between black men and women.
Right, everybody's against the black man. But everybody LOVES the black woman. Yeah, right! :rolleyes:

So to answer your question, no. With the laws set up the way they are now, marriage is out of the question. The black woman has been empowered and the black man is generally financially disenfranchised.
Again, where do you meet these women??? The average black man earns more than the average black woman. :10500:

It's our nature for men to focus on a woman's looks no matter how poor she is and for women to focus on a man's finances regardless of how he looks. A prenuptial agreement is all that's left. Seems ironic, first black president and all. American society has us in a trick bag baby!
:11200:

Last edited:

Hetheru Oshun

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
He was very secretive and I found out that he was a liar. From what I could decipher from the statements he made....he appeared to be gay. :(. He lived in NY and then I found out he moved to SC or NC. I met two females on the same website, they visited Barbados on a cruise ship and both of them visited my workplace. They were very nice as a matter of fact when I met them they behaved as though we friends from school days.:lol:
If he was "gay", what did he want with YOU??

Hetheru Oshun

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
That is true. I met a woman once and she put in the mind of a man, she seemed to be Gay, people were saying it.so i was doubtful also, but then i did not wanted to be like every one else. so i started speaking to her, but she would not, but after i kept speaking to her and not treating her like the rest, she opened up to me and we started talking and then later we starting dating. she was the most kind hearted, sweet, down to earth and loving woman, and when she really dressed up she was a Beautiful woman. she turn from a ugly duckling to a beautiful swan. she what was going on with her was she was being ridiculed because she kept to herself and she would not give up sex, and they say they never see her with a man. she wore her hair in Afro style and wore baggy pants to keep her shape from showing. We had fun together, she was very respectful and lady like clean. she was wonderful i was doubtful but i really wanted to find out, so i took the chance it did not kill, so yes i do take chances for myself
Well as insane and unfriendly as the Black race has become against each other, I personally don't blame her 'perceived' behavior. There are a lot of nasty, deceptive, people out here who are cutthroats who have no qualms about hurting others, especially blacks...

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love: