Would you ever let a woman work on your car?

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by kente417mojo, Dec 14, 2004.

1. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I have a friend that's a woman and she is thinking about being a mechanic. She asked me if I'd let her work on my car if she did become one. What do you guys think? Would you let a woman work on your car or would you automatically feel like she won't know what she's doing? Do you think there are things that are better left to men? :whip:

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    DELETED BY AUTHOR

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    yes i would , i know a young lady who can put some men mechanic to shame
    she know more about a car then any would think i watch her break a motor down
    and put it back to perfection the car still running like new today it's been 2 1/2 years
    she will get my car if she have an opening .....The gurl is bad .....yes i would indeed

4. islander

islander Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1

Oh...that's right, it's probably better for us to stick to making babies since that's all we're good for, right? All that should matter is that the person knows how to do the work. Internal or external sexual organs don't have a thing to do with whether or not someone can work on a vehicle. Obviously, if you have to take your car somewhere to be fixed then you don't know much yourself...especially if you're a man and you have the God-given talent of touching a car and it's automatically supposed to start...say it ain't so!!

5. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    There are so many men out there who don't know jack about what's happening under the hood of their cars.

You'd be surprised how many men I know who don't even know how to drive a stick shift!!!!!! My dad made me learn how to drive one (2 ton pickup, manual choke) in case I was ever in a position where a stick shift was the only car around.

6. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Here we go again....people jumping to conclusions about something that I never said.

islander.......read carefully and very slowly. DID I EVER SAY THAT I WOULD NOT LET A WOMAN WORK ON MY CAR?

Now, I don't think I would have a problem with it. A mechanic is like a doctor.....for cars. Women are just as good as men when it comes to learning a trade, so I would not have a problem with a woman working on my car as long as she's qualified. Especially if she wore tight pants and a t-shirt with no bra. :bellydance:

7. islander

Ratings:
    +1
    You don't have to say it. Just the fact that you even brought up the question says a lot. Especially the part about "some things being better left to men." You don't have to specifically state your intentions when the way you speak and what you speak about reveals it all. Read THAT slow...

8. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Sisters:

Kente is just trying to start some mess....ignore him!

9. islander

Ratings:
    +1
    Maybe he needs to go to a strip club where the women might take his mess there.

10. fanyamambo

fanyamambo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    spot on

LOL Islander!