Black Relationships : Would You Date an HIV Positive Person?

SAMURAI36

Banned
Mar 3, 2005
Bay Area
Never. That's why I think we should make informed decisions at all times.

Besides, I'm a firm adherent to the idea that there are compatible people for any and every circumstance.

People with HIV and other diseases should be fraternizing with their own; there are plenty of people who have the same condition as they do.

philomath

Banned
Oct 19, 2006
sweettee29 said:
I actually had an ex-boyfriend who always tried to get back with me always, and I always denied him and told him no because he slept with everyone and I do mean everyone. Well he contacted AIDS from a chic he was engaged too for two years. The sad thing about it is she did not even tell him, because he always cheated on her I guess she was paying him back, anyway he found out through the health department tracking him down. Anyway his mom and myself had become really close over all the years, best friends and when we found out he was infected she actually asked me to marry her son, because she always thought of me as a daughter-in-law and she knew I would take care of him. She also said that I was the only woman he ever truly loved, well folks needless to say I just could not do it, I just could not. I loved this man once and I still loved him but as a brother now because we had been apart for so long. They used my house as a "safe haven" for about three days just trying to cope with the "news" and he and I had a long, long talk about everything and I told him that I would always love him but I cannot give him the life he wants and he can't give me the life I want. He moved to Florida and his mom and I are not friends, I have not heard anything else since before the hurricanes hit. I just pray they are doing ok

Sweettee, love

this is a nice gesture on your part, but every one else involved was disgusting. you are way better than me in that regards.

why should you be expected to take care of a grown man who made his own choices?

MimiBelle

Dec 13, 2010
Texas...for now.
Occupation
RN-BSN
Peace and Blessings Family,

Oprah has a show on today regarding this topic, with beautiful young women that have been tested positive for HIV AIDS. They are talking about dating men. They said that some men don't care if they have HIV AIDS, due to the fact that it's believed that it is not as easy for women to transmit to men. Some said that the men even want to have unprotected sex with them.

Would you be willing to date, and love someone, who is HIV AIDS positive?

:heart:

Destee
It's 'not as easy for women to transmit' to men?
I'm not touching that one.
*laugh*

Anyway -- would I date/love someone like that?
My kneejerk response would be 'no'. Then again - there's been a surge of progress in how we treat the HIV or AIDs-stricken pt.

So...dating? I don't know, anymore. I suppose that would be fine.
I guess?

Sex would be out of the question but 'friendship' and 'love' are always available.

DrSeide

Apr 18, 2013
Peace and Blessings Family,

Oprah has a show on today regarding this topic, with beautiful young women that have been tested positive for HIV AIDS. They are talking about dating men. They said that some men don't care if they have HIV AIDS, due to the fact that it's believed that it is not as easy for women to transmit to men. Some said that the men even want to have unprotected sex with them.

Would you be willing to date, and love someone, who is HIV AIDS positive?

:heart:

Destee
not going to happen.

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
I used to work with a gay guy. He told me that he had cared for a friend (not lover) who was in the late stages of AIDS and whom all had deserted. He took him into his home and nursed him until he died. He told of coming home one day and finding his friend lying on the floor beside his bed, covered in feces. He had tried to make it to the bathroom.... and lost that battle. As he lifted him from the floor, his friend cried, shame-filled tears. As he cleaned him off, his friend could only turn his head the shame - and the debt he felt he owed him - was so great. And this was only the beginning.....

The gay co-worker's last words on the subject were, well, he spit the words.... that he would NEVER date a person with HIV/AIDS!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: