Black Relationships : WOULD YOU DATE A WOMAN OR A MAN WITH A MENTAL DISORDER

Riada

May 14, 2005
It would depend on how severe the condition was and whether he told me upfront about it. Also it would depend on whatever else he brought to my life.

Some people with these disorders are very talented in other ways that some so-called "normal" people are not. For ex. I've worked with people in clinical situations who have been labelled as disturbed. Many of them are very, very bright. I love talking with them. They're just not able to function successfully in a variety of settings.

cursed heart

Jan 12, 2006
Riada said:
It would depend on how severe the condition was and whether he told me upfront about it. Also it would depend on whatever else he brought to my life.

Some people with these disorders are very talented in other ways that some so-called "normal" people are not. For ex. I've worked with people in clinical situations who have been labelled as disturbed. Many of them are very, very bright. I love talking with them. They're just not able to function successfully in a variety of settings.
Yes they are! They are usually triggered not just acting this way every second of the day. I also work with them and I have one friend who is very successful,smart and beautiful inside and out but when people hurt her she goes into this deep depression or rage and stays in the house with no lights on

Riada

May 14, 2005
cursed heart said:
Yes they are! They are usually triggered not just acting this way every second of the day. I also work with them and I have one friend who is very successful,smart and beautiful inside and out but when people hurt her she goes into this deep depression or rage and stays in the house with no lights on
LOL!! Probably best for everybody that she stays inside!

There are many people with these disorders who haven't been labeled yet.

And there are many retarded people or "slow" people who have no idea that they are delayed or "slow." I'm definitely spatially retarded 'cause I can get lost around the corner from my house. LOL!!

Likeso, there are MANY people who are developmentally delayed or suffer from arrested development emotionally who don't realize why they have various issues in their lives. This is why I don't shut the door on people who have these labels. It would shut out too many people.

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
cursed heart said:
Such as ocd,bipolar schizoprhrenia,terrets syndrome,manic depressive,split personality? If so what did you do to deal with it?

NO!!!!!!!! Dated one with issues. They dont ever think right. In the end, they try to hurt you

cursed heart

Jan 12, 2006
Kemetstry said:
NO!!!!!!!! Dated one with issues. They dont ever think right. In the end, they try to hurt you
What disorder did she have? What did she do to you?

cursed heart

Jan 12, 2006
Riada said:
LOL!! Probably best for everybody that she stays inside!

There are many people with these disorders who haven't been labeled yet.

And there are many retarded people or "slow" people who have no idea that they are delayed or "slow." I'm definitely spatially retarded 'cause I can get lost around the corner from my house. LOL!!

Likeso, there are MANY people who are developmentally delayed or suffer from arrested development emotionally who don't realize why they have various issues in their lives. This is why I don't shut the door on people who have these labels. It would shut out too many people.
I am extremely emotional myself! I have and will never hurt anyone because it's not out of anger. Actually it helps me with my poetry and relating to people who hide their emotions by making them bring it out.
My sister has ocd but it's not the point where it hurts her way of living.
Like she constantly checks the doors to see if they are locked.
Washes her hands alot.
Walks back and forth alot.
It does not occur everyday.

jgyknowledge

Sep 10, 2004
I'm sure if 100 of us went to a psychiatrist, at least half of use would be diagnosed with something or the other.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: