Black Relationships : WOULD YOU DATE A WOMAN OR A MAN WITH A MENTAL DISORDER

cursed heart

Jan 12, 2006
Such as ocd,bipolar schizoprhrenia,terrets syndrome,manic depressive,split personality? If so what did you do to deal with it?

spicybrown

Oct 21, 2005
Cursed Heart......

Nope, but I have in the past, I couldn't quite pinpoint what the disorder was though, I think he had bi-polar disorder which I didn't find as bad as the other illnesses. If somebody does go that route, we all know there wil never be a dull moment:hammer: lol

cursed heart

Jan 12, 2006
spicybrown said:
Nope, but I have in the past, I couldn't quite pinpoint what the disorder was though, I think he had bi-polar disorder which I didn't find as bad as the other illnesses. If somebody does go that route, we all know there wil never be a dull moment:hammer: lol
Yes they are very colorful people! What was your experience like when he had his moods?what was it like when he didn't? I noticed alot of people are bipolar and don't even know it! I have noticed that outside of their illness they are very sweet and loving and extremely intelligent. I think trauma and genetics play a key role in this illness.It has never been proven of what causes it!

spicybrown

Oct 21, 2005
Cursed heart.......

I think another term for bi-polar can be: "a hard knocks life"..lol. This guy burned the roof of my car with some white hot coals from a barbeque we were having, then turned right around and tried to cool it off with a 40 oz. he was drinking!!! That's just a beginner.........I had to leave that alone,:ref: that one only lasted as long as the roof of my car burnt:bye:

karmashines

Banned
Feb 26, 2005
Well, I would want the person to be honest upfront about it rather than it coming out later in the relationship, particularly if it is something that is a recurring thing.

Would I continue dating someone like that? It depends on how bad their condition is and how much I was initially attracted to them.

cursed heart

Jan 12, 2006
spicybrown said:
I think another term for bi-polar can be: "a hard knocks life"..lol. This guy burned the roof of my car with some white hot coals from a barbeque we were having, then turned right around and tried to cool it off with a 40 oz. he was drinking!!! That's just a beginner.........I had to leave that alone,:ref: that one only lasted as long as the roof of my car burnt:bye:
**** girl I am laughing ,my *** off over here!

cursed heart

Jan 12, 2006
karmashines said:
Well, I would want the person to be honest upfront about it rather than it coming out later in the relationship, particularly if it is something that is a recurring thing.

Would I continue dating someone like that? It depends on how bad their condition is and how much I was initially attracted to them.
What if you loved him and he was perfect for you in every other way?
How bad is too bad?

karmashines

Banned
Feb 26, 2005
cursed heart said:
What if you loved him and he was perfect for you in every other way?
How bad is too bad?
Well, if it's to the point that I thought he might be abusive and/or if we're arguing so much that there is no joy in the relationship any more.

cursed heart

Jan 12, 2006
PoeticManifesta said:
no... there r too many ppl w/o them.. they have dating sites just 4 them.
Are you serious? They have their own dating site?
I have friends that have never been diagnosed but man do they show signs!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: