Black Relationships : Would you date a guy if he lied about his age?

bigtown

Jun 3, 2004
If you met a guy and started dating him, he tells you that he's 9 years older than you. After dating for a couple of months, you begin to have strong feelings for him. One day he confesses to you that he was 13 years older instead. However, He physically appears less than 9 years older than you; and he also has a youthful personality. When you ask him why he lied, he says that since you met online he never really thought you would actually meet. especially since you were both in different cities when you met online. Would you forgive the untruth and continue to date him, or would you cut it off?

karmashines

Banned
Feb 26, 2005
It depends how old I was. In my 20s and 30s, no, not acceptable. 40s on up I wouldn't care that much about the age difference. I would be more concerned that the person lied to me.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Brother Bigtown ... all dating / relationship threads ... need to go in the Relationship Forum.

I'm going to move this there now.

In regard to your question, my concern would be why he felt the need to lie about such a relatively trivial thing ... but i think we could work it out, if i could believe he'd be truthful with me, from that point on.

:heart:

Destee

Tee

Feb 13, 2005
If he lied about something like age, what else would he lie about?

Nita

Feb 9, 2001
Arkansas
Occupation
youth volunteer
Well,

If he began the relationship with a lie then I would find it very hard to trust him on anything else.

bigtown

Jun 3, 2004
karmashines said:
It depends how old I was. In my 20s and 30s, no, not acceptable. 40s on up I wouldn't care that much about the age difference. I would be more concerned that the person lied to me.

Why in your 40s and not in your 20s and 30s?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

"And I'm feeling good."-Nina Simone
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave:
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
WooooHoooo!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay: .... Welcome Home! ... :wave: ... :heart: