Black Relationships : Would You Buy Sanitary Products?

Remby

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Jan 31, 2001
759
37
Gary, IN
Queenie
as usual you crack me up! Whey don't you tell us how you really feel!!

To my brothers, here's too you :toast:

Destee you and I started that conversation.

Remby
 

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
69,982
3,960
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
sistah NNQ ya wild u know but ya very much on point and
i know i have my share of visits to the well , so i have no problem with it.
 

toylin

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
May 17, 2004
1,195
17
Michigan
Occupation
Security Guard
My father was, and still is, one of those men who has no problem going to the store for a woman. He was the only man in the house when I was growing up. In fact, I've had more conversations with him than my mother about my cycles. My soon-to-be-ex-husband? Yeah, right. Convincing him to walk barefoot across broken glass would have been easier than trying ti make him go to the store. The few times he went shopping with me, anytime I neared that aisle, he mysteriuosly disappeared for the rest of the trip. I usually found him outside. In the car. In the parking lot. With the doors locked.
 

panafrica

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
10,227
191
The Diaspora
toylin said:
My father was, and still is, one of those men who has no problem going to the store for a woman. He was the only man in the house when I was growing up. In fact, I've had more conversations with him than my mother about my cycles. My soon-to-be-ex-husband? Yeah, right. Convincing him to walk barefoot across broken glass would have been easier than trying ti make him go to the store. The few times he went shopping with me, anytime I neared that aisle, he mysteriuosly disappeared for the rest of the trip. I usually found him outside. In the car. In the parking lot. With the doors locked.
Sister Toylin:

If I may ask you a personal question. Based on the many comments you have made about your father, and how different your soon to be ex-husband's behavior was from him. What attracted you to your ex-husband in the 1st place? Was there anything that made you believe he would be the stand-up guy your father was? Also what did your father think about him? I don't mean to be nosey, but I have a daughter myself, and I don't want her to choose the total opposite of me.
 

Keita Kenyatta

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
5,636
3,333
Oh wouldn't it be nice if we had some real say in that Brother PanAfrica ? I think about that even now...and she don't know that I would secretly put a sorry *SS IN HIS GRAVE BEFORE i LET HER HOOK UP WITH HIM ALL BECAUSE HE KNEW HOW TO BLOW HER MIND, I MEAN BODY. LOL !
 

panafrica

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
10,227
191
The Diaspora
Keita said:
Oh wouldn't it be nice if we had some real say in that Brother PanAfrica ? I think about that even now...and she don't know that I would secretly put a sorry *SS IN HIS GRAVE BEFORE i LET HER HOOK UP WITH HIM ALL BECAUSE HE KNEW HOW TO BLOW HER MIND, I MEAN BODY. LOL !
From one father to another brother Keita I agree with you completely. :toast:
 

toylin

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
May 17, 2004
1,195
17
Michigan
Occupation
Security Guard
Great Pretender

panafrica said:
Sister Toylin:

If I may ask you a personal question. Based on the many comments you have made about your father, and how different your soon to be ex-husband's behavior was from him. What attracted you to your ex-husband in the 1st place? Was there anything that made you believe he would be the stand-up guy your father was? Also what did your father think about him? I don't mean to be nosey, but I have a daughter myself, and I don't want her to choose the total opposite of me.
When I met him, he SEEMED like an okay guy. He walked the walk, talked the talk..... I realized later that he was a master of telling people what they want to hear. There's little substance behind his style. Some of the things he said to me and did for me in the beginning reminded me of my father. but it was only surface. When the pressure pressed down on him, he broke; my father always bends. My husband didn't intentionally break all those promises; things just happened that way. But you, they say the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. What's your email? I'll email you anything you want to know. But now, I'm done diverting the thread. Sorry!

Toya
[email protected]
 

nabraska

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
Aug 6, 2004
235
12
from the time i was a lil' boy for me mama till present days with my present love....come on now, i am a man, in the truest and realest sense
 

toylin

Well-Known Member
MEMBER
May 17, 2004
1,195
17
Michigan
Occupation
Security Guard
nabraska said:
from the time i was a lil' boy for me mama till present days with my present love....come on now, i am a man, in the truest and realest sense
:wink: Good man!
 

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

  • yes

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • no

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • not sure

    Votes: 6 40.0%

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Top