Black People : Would You Advise Your Child to Seek a Career Dependent on Black People's Financial Support?

But none of the above gained their independence, without first being dependent on someone ... even if it was their own people ... as in the case with Madam C.J. Walker. Even Black farmers were dependent on someone, if no one but those who bought their crops.

We're disagreeing on a small piece here, one that may even be irrelevant, though i don't think it is.

In an effort to bring this back to topic, initial dependency is a requirement in most cases ... and i propose that there should be avenues available for that dependency to be delivered by our own people ... which we currently do not have ... like most other people have.

It leaves us in a more dependent state, by not having these avenues for our children.

You are either dependent on Black People, White People, Asian People ... some people.

If you are dependent on a people ... white for example ... then you are beholden to them as well.

You have to please and satisfy them ... vs ... pleasing and satisfying your own people.

:heart:

Destee

I agree with you.
Dependency is where you begin.

Let's think about a child.
A child will dependent on his parents, but at some point, the child will become an adult and must navigate the world on her or his own.

The phase from birth to adulthood is the transition phase preparing her or him for acting for one's own in society.

I agree with you.
Dependency is where you begin.

Let's think about a child.
A child will dependent on his parents, but at some point, the child will become an adult and must navigate the world on her or his own.

The phase from birth to adulthood is the transition phase preparing her or him for acting for one's own in society.

I understand the reference to childhood, but we're talking about adults.

Adults that have transitioned from childhood dependency on their parents ... to adult dependency on another whole set of people.

Where is the transition in that?

When will we transition from depending on White People to depending on Black People?

Is that anywhere in the cards ... where we shift that dependency ... so our children don't have to know it as intimately as most of us do?

Destee

I understand the reference to childhood, but we're talking about adults.

Adults that have transitioned from childhood dependency on their parents ... to adult dependency on another whole set of people.

Where is the transition in that?

When will we transition from depending on White People to depending on Black People?

Is that anywhere in the cards ... where we shift that dependency ... so our children don't have to know it as intimately as most of us do?

Destee

Someone will have to step up and assume independence not just for themselves, but for others as well.

First step, in my opinion, are basic resources an necessities i.e. food, shelter, water, utilities, etc.

I would love to see more African-Americans get into home construction and green technology.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back